The Bullitt is back

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
I had a huge hard-on for this car right until I saw the price.

To breath some new life into my 2013 GT Vert, I bought ALL the California Special stuff for it last month (minus the seats) for about ~$650 FROM Ford (I already had the CS spoiler, and bought the rear splitter, grilles, and Fogs all from Ford Performance). I also have a set of Ford optional 19s from a 2016 Gt that are similar in design to the 2013 CS wheels that I bought second hand on the cheap.

So all in, if I had to buy the spoiler I’d still be under $1,200 making my normal GT into a CS... (which like the Bullitt had quite a premium over the normal GTs). Where on gods green earth is $12,000??? That’s a full extra 0 to what I spent converting mine to a unique factory offered trim with Ford parts? I just don’t see these selling well with that kind of markup. What kind of markup did the 01 Bullitt have?

Your looking at this wrong.... First of all the price tag is 12k more because people will buy it simply put ford is out to make money anyway they can. We as consumers choose where to spend our money.

Second of all the 1,200 dollars you spent to ugrade your car... well that probably only costs about 300 bucks to make at max!That includes your wheels manufacturing costs brand new.

I agree 12k is outrageous for this... but trust me it will sell!

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Your looking at this wrong.... First of all the price tag is 12k more because people will buy it simply put ford is out to make money anyway they can. We as consumers choose where to spend our money.

Second of all the 1,200 dollars you spent to ugrade your car... well that probably only costs about 300 bucks to make at max!That includes your wheels manufacturing costs brand new.

I agree 12k is outrageous for this... but trust me it will sell!

I'm readily aware that "People will buy it", just voicing that "Just a few years down the road, I can do it myself for 1/10th the price with OEM parts brand new.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Are u really comparing a 13 gt vert to s s550 bullitt ?

No, I was comparing my 13 Gt convertible to a 13 Gt Convertible California Special.

I was saying that I made my car a CS clone for ~$1200, with brand new Ford OEM parts. Making the argument of “I don’t see a $12,000 premium in value” for the New Bullitt when the visual stuff is a few hundred bucks of plastic and metal.

2QuikTA

Addict
May 30, 2011
How is it completely different?

Outside of its 'status' as a collectors car, it fills every single other check box and is frankly identical.

When you sell it, will you advertise it as a California special? That’s why it is completely different. Somebody looking to buy an actual California special will not buy your car.

And to be honest, that one check box is a pretty important box.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
And you did a shitty job at replicating a GT/CS since you didn't even get the correct wheels or seats. Did you also buy the rear badge? Didn't the interior have some subtle differences other than the seats as well?

My car is a premium ‘plus’ car, which is the same as a CS minus the Alacantra seats. I intend to buy the seats as well, they are around $800-1000.

The wheels were preference, I was just pointing out ‘you can buy the bolt on bits far more cheaply than it costs to buy the limited edition car to begin with’.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
You clowns are going on and on about theee dumbest arguement on TCG.

Name a person that is really going to leave the car stock anyways Bullitt or not so who cares? The chances are far more likely that its going to get modded anyways eventually.

I just ordered a black one for a customer with recaro's, car cover, bullitt electronics pkg and magna ride susp.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info