The Bullitt is back

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I agree with [MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION], the wheels are pedestrian at best. Other than that I like car out side of the horrid looking front end. I have liked the Bullitt since the original special edition in 2001. I wouldn't mind owning this mustang.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I agree with [MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION], the wheels are pedestrian at best. Other than that I like car out side of the horrid looking front end. I have liked the Bullitt since the original special edition in 2001. I wouldn't mind owning this mustang.

I feel like GM does this WAY better than Ford does.

i like the wheels because they are so pedestrian :rofl:

i mean, that holds true to the bullitt heritage i feel

:fth:

It drives me nuts to ask a premium for a car that is more aesthetically pleasing visually in terms of slight body modifications, engine performance, and suspension upgrades but then skimp on the wheels which ties it all together. This is a problem that spans back to the original Bullitt.

Stock wheels.....WTF!

Bullitt02.jpg

Same style wheel, but larger diameter 17's vs 18's along with the deep dish rear lip.

img_6863-jpg.211328

2011-06-04_19-45-44_249-jpg.383778

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I feel like it looks super pedestrian because that is what aggressive looked like back then hahahha

Exactly, they were aftermarket wheels at that time.

It drives me nuts to ask a premium for a car that is more aesthetically pleasing visually in terms of slight body modifications, engine performance, and suspension upgrades but then skimp on the wheels which ties it all together. This is a problem that spans back to the original Bullitt.

Stock wheels.....WTF!

Bullitt02.jpg

Same style wheel, but larger diameter 17's vs 18's along with the deep dish rear lip.

img_6863-jpg.211328

2011-06-04_19-45-44_249-jpg.383778

I didn't hate the original Bullitt wheels because they were different. Where ford went wrong is they put these wheels, or some variant, on every body style GT for the last 17 years.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Exactly, they were aftermarket wheels at that time.

I didn't hate the original Bullitt wheels because they were different. Where ford went wrong is they put these wheels, or some variant, on every body style GT for the last 17 years.

I am probably being harsh on the original 2001 Bullitt wheels, it is probably from years of pent up hatred of Ford wheels. They have only gotten the wheels right a handful of times in the past 20 years.

keitho64

Regular
Jan 18, 2017
SW Burbs
I am a fan of the pedestrian look. I'm waiting to see what it will cost and how much crazy dealer mark up gets added. I would have loved to see the Vodoo motor in the Bullitt, then I would be running to put a deposit on one.

The Vodoo motor would make this car a fantastic handler. and high RPM screamer (Of course I say that without every driving it, like I really know) I know this will sound crazy but my biggest complaint on the GTO is with so much low end torque the car can easily dance with throttle in the corners. It looks impressive but not the fastest way around a track.

I may have to hold off on the next installment of GTO improvements as I may decide there is a Bullitt in my future. :smile:

The Father Son Bullitt cruise sounds like fun.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
...not the fastest way around a track....

I also like the pedestrian looks but wasn't the 390 slower around the track than its small block counterpart? I was hoping it wouldn't [have to] be a track monster with all kinds of features and tech, mostly because I don't want to pony up for that stuff, but I think a spartan cloth interior (w/Recaros and minimal infotainment), base brakes, no magride version would be tits. Heck if they would have N/A built the 5.8 and made it about as fast as (or slightly slower than) the Coyote they're putting in it, that would be fine by me as well. Smaller brakes may make the S/S themed wheels look a little better but IMO they don't look right on anything with the big modern rotor+caliper combos.

I bet it'll be priced out of my range at this time. Bummer, I have been looking forward to this thing for a while.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Paying a premium of $12K for essentially bolt on items (including 19” uninspired aluminum wheels) and a name? No thanks.

I had a huge hard-on for this car right until I saw the price.

To breath some new life into my 2013 GT Vert, I bought ALL the California Special stuff for it last month (minus the seats) for about ~$650 FROM Ford (I already had the CS spoiler, and bought the rear splitter, grilles, and Fogs all from Ford Performance). I also have a set of Ford optional 19s from a 2016 Gt that are similar in design to the 2013 CS wheels that I bought second hand on the cheap.

So all in, if I had to buy the spoiler I’d still be under $1,200 making my normal GT into a CS... (which like the Bullitt had quite a premium over the normal GTs). Where on gods green earth is $12,000??? That’s a full extra 0 to what I spent converting mine to a unique factory offered trim with Ford parts? I just don’t see these selling well with that kind of markup. What kind of markup did the 01 Bullitt have?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info