The Bullitt is back

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
Uhhh, so since this post was necro'ed back into the mix today, I saw it and noticed that it was dated from last year when the Original McQueen Bullit resurfaced...

and here I was thinking that it would be a discussion about the original legend caming back into the limelight to herald the next in the line of reproduction Bullits only to find that there really was no mention of the McQueen car, and only one photo of the real car and another of a model of the original...

I want my 10 minutes back...

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I'm not.

You guy have not shown where the oil is going. So if you don't know where the oil is going how can you say it's an issue? Other than higher cost due to oil fills? Is it causing damage to anything? You have proven anything other than some customers have complained.

Ford acknowledges the oil consumption in the manual. C&D noted this in their long term review.

"As marvelous as the high-revving V-8 is, its thirst for oil and gas proved insatiable. Run it hard and it will drink premium at an alarming rate. During one of our mountain blasts, the GT350 emptied its tank in 151 miles at an average of 10 mpg. Our 17-mpg test average was 1 mpg better than the EPA's combined rating, but ours includes many miles on the interstates. And then there's the oil-consumption issue: Over 40,000 miles, we added 21.5 quarts of 5W-50. That's in addition to scheduled oil changes. It's the most we've ever added during a long-term test by a long shot. Ford released a supplement to the owner's manual stating that the engine might consume a quart every 500 miles under severe use. "Severe use" pretty accurately sums up our treatment of just about any car, but particularly one with an 8250-rpm redline. And we were lucky; internet forums are rife with horror stories of Shelbys consuming far more."

There's two ways that the oil would go "missing". From a physical leak, which I haven't read of or burning oil during combustion.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Cool, you quoted the same part in the same article as earlier. I guess you have no more points to make about oil consumption and damage to the engine?

I said where does Ford say there is an issue due to the oil consumption. After all, probably every ICE car out there burns a little oil due to PVC setups and so on. Is any damage being done to them as well? I guess you should have evertone panic about oil consumption and it's horrible damaging side effects ruining engines. You have not shown any damage to parts due to said oil consumption. So if there is no damage being done, your issue must be you don't want to spend money on the extra oil. OK, we get it!

And again, the end of that article also said...

Car&Driver said:
It's easy to forgive a car's shortcomings when it's this good to drive... the Shelby GT350 has the Voodoo, and it is magical.

So even with them spending extra maintenance on the car, they don't tell you to fuck off and to never buy the car. So stop harping on it especially since you won't buy one if it was a perfect unicorn that shit Lucky Charms.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Hopped on M6G to do a little reading and I decided to peruse the gt350 section just for shits and giggles. I didn't get 2 pages in on a 7 page thread before I counted engine replacements into the teens. And these accounts are coming from gt350 owners themselves. Nope, nothing to see here folks, Ford says no problem! L. O. L.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/replaced-voodoo-engine.104010/

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
So the poll on the biggest 6th Gen mustang site shows 5 with oil consumption issues, 2 main bearing issues, and one with valvetrain failures. The later probably due to the owners forgetting to check oil levels. lol So 8 complaints out of all of the GT350. Not a bad failure rate actually. Carry on

Also, some of those guys threw a rod out the side of the block and Ford replaced it? lmao If Ford is replacing engines left and right, what the fuck are you worried about?! lmao

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
OK, so the title of that thread says 30 engines replaced since the cars came out. So not a huge number considering how some of those cars are being abused and tracked. Which many owners post in that thread they do race them and have had no failures. Some with very little oil consumption and some with elevated levels.

But I have to say this, not all GT350 owners are stupid. lol See quote

There should also be a category for owner never checks oil for months then hears engine noise then finds its 3 or more quarts low tops it up then a week later engine fails.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Cool, you quoted the same part in the same article as earlier. I guess you have no more points to make about oil consumption and damage to the engine?

I said where does Ford say there is an issue due to the oil consumption. After all, probably every ICE car out there burns a little oil due to PVC setups and so on. Is any damage being done to them as well? I guess you should have evertone panic about oil consumption and it's horrible damaging side effects ruining engines. You have not shown any damage to parts due to said oil consumption. So if there is no damage being done, your issue must be you don't want to spend money on the extra oil. OK, we get it!

And again, the end of that article also said...

So even with them spending extra maintenance on the car, they don't tell you to fuck off and to never buy the car. So stop harping on it especially since you won't buy one if it was a perfect unicorn that shit Lucky Charms.

Damage to the engine. Where did I mention any damage to engines? Your trolling game needs some work.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
So the poll on the biggest 6th Gen mustang site shows 5 with oil consumption issues, 2 main bearing issues, and one with valvetrain failures. The later probably due to the owners forgetting to check oil levels. lol So 8 complaints out of all of the GT350. Not a bad failure rate actually. Carry on

Also, some of those guys threw a rod out the side of the block and Ford replaced it? lmao If Ford is replacing engines left and right, what the fuck are you worried about?! lmao

If you actually go through and read, you can see that barely anyone answered the poll

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info