Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Reactions: strtcar

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I did a 2nd pork loin on the rotisserie today. MUCH better than the first. Should have taken pics. Actual smoke ring and the wet brining I did made the loin properly salty on the inside and really juicy. Amy liked the Sweet Rub "O" Mine I used on the outside. I used apple wood chunks along with the charcoal. Did a better job starting the temps in the right zone (350ish). The Venom does best when I help it by starting the right amount of charcoal for the temp I want. Super easy, too, with the Venom and the rotisserie. Almost feels like cheating. No vent manipulation needed. Set and forget.

One of these days I will need to install another outlet by the grill area so I don't have to run multiple extension cords. I have my lanai fridge, a fan, a bug light, my laptop and both grill attachments on the same outlet now. Probably not the best idea.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Rotisserie chicken today.

EZV41y0.jpg

Amy made grilled corn and potatoes. I added a bit of tarragon to the corn along with some Plugra butter. Fantastic flavor with the tarragon. I dipped the chicken in some Blues Hog BBQ sauce. It was good either with or without the sauce. Brining the chicken overnight gave it good flavor all the way through the meat.

1c9dVh0.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Huge chuck roast! Fooled me. Great marbling regardless. I do the same thing. Look at the beef and grab any that are well marbled to stick in the freezer. Easy way to get "prime" type meat for choice prices. I have bought many choice steaks that turned out to taste as good as prime. Funny part is, when I'm buying steaks or other beef, people sometimes ask me why I am looking at all of them, what am I looking for and I end up picking out meat for them after explaining.

Reactions: MEATeorite

Thread Info