Food / Drink TCG Grillers, smokers and red meat enthusiasts

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I have had this on since 5 last night, and it is sitting a touch over 190* right now. Going to give it a bit longer until at least 195ish. I typically go by temp probe feel and the flat is still not quite hot knife through butter smooth. This is the first time I have not wrapped a brisket at all and just misted it with apple juice/cider vinegar mix. I have been wanting to try this for a while. It looks like it is going to fuck.

FA028833-1D08-469A-ACBB-1707CBDC4C7C.jpeg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Trying my first chicken on the rotisserie. Amy is flying in late tonight and may be hungry when I pick her up so I'm bringing her a chicken salad sandwich. Letting it cool now to shred. Smells good with a Harry Soo Jailbird Chicken rub.

vDa12Ci.jpg

EDIT: Tried a bite of breast and thigh. Super juicy. Tasty. Needs salt.

Reactions: Spivitz

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
Do you guys stick with the same recipes or experiment?

I have a problem. I like to make recipes once. Maybe a few times if they are great but I'm hooked on experimenting.
I experiment probably 80 percent of the time. And i mean with everything. Coconut charcoal to less than usual woods like Almond, lemon, and avocado to different rubs, and from scratch rib glazes, sauces, chimichurri, etc.

I am much more likely to tinker with something like back ribs, pork tenderloin or whole chicken. I think those need a little help. Whereas a brisket, short ribs, or even pork spare ribs i try not to overwhelm it and mute the flavor of the meat.

I used to think i hated mesquite. I bought a bag of chunks and experimented with it, turns out i like it a lot. Just a little goes a very long way.

Or recently i did back ribs just rubbed with chinese 5 spice. Holy fuck did that make for some intense ribs. Good, but it wont be a repeat that recipe.

But i bbq a lot.

Reactions: Shawn1112 and Flyn

Thread Info