Food / Drink TCG Grillers, smokers and red meat enthusiasts

strtcar

Regular
Oct 28, 2007
Costco prime NY with HC black & red, reverse seared, turned out excellent. Normally I don't care for HC Black but mixed with red was good.

1652842415755.png

1652842425782.png

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
Giving Dr Pepper ribs a go. I'm winging it here no recipe. Glaze is honey dijon mustard, cherries, and dr pepper. Sauce is reduced dr pepper, cherries and sweet baby rays. No measurements. If i had to guess it was probably 9 cherries and 2 cups of dr pepper and 4 cups of sweet baby rays. Smells like im baking cupcakes or something, not bbq sauce.
20220521_150310.jpeg
20220521_152127.jpeg
20220521_144541.jpeg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Amy's in Vegas and I like Tri Tip more than she does so I have one cooking on the Santa Fe. I changed this one up by using a Weber rub instead of salt/pepper/garlic. Opened up some of my rubs and this one smelled like it would be a good match. Slower cooking this one at around 250 degrees. Adjusting the grill height to keep it in that range. Hickory wood chunks.

a41gsDl.jpg

JgD1cXj.jpg

aVpdQUZ.jpg

NQdzh4y.jpg

I should have added a salad with veggies from the garden but was busy painting and didn't get around to it. The Tri Tip is fantastic. Can't wait to have it in a sandwich tomorrow. Wish I had a meat slicer.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
OnlyFire rotisserie showed up in 1 day. Easy to assemble. I can now use the Spider Grills fan/temp control to maintain steady temps and rotisserie or grill pizzas using the OnlyFire. My Weber kettle is a beast now. OnlyFire also came with a pizza peel and a stone.

I need to give the electric smoker back to my buddy so I have room for the kettle. It will do everything the electric smoker can and more.

qIb6IN0.jpg

3l9Z2ur.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I did a test run with the rotisserie tonight. Made a Mesa Grill recipe. Tex/Mex spiced pork loin with a maple horseradish glaze. Bobby Flay knows how to put flavor in his recipes.

Seasoned up and on the grill. I almost forgot to put the drip pan in. Remembered just after this pic.

eIdKKhE.jpg

My modified Weber now does a lot. Controls the temps like a pellet grill or Masterbuilt Gravity Series. The Spider Grills Venom worked great with the rotisserie. Temps stayed right where I wanted them once I got it dialed in.

UbaOFCy.jpg

Almost up to temp. Time for the glaze.

lzbmkAE.jpg

I pulled the roast at 140. Should have pulled it at 135. It carried over to 150.

6rZE3Ks.jpg

I also made a couple skewers of veggies with olive oil, salt & pepper and garlic powder. They were awesome. Once I took the lid off the kettle, the coals fired right up and I put a grate on it to cook them. The pork "skin" was amazing. So much flavor from the rub, the glaze and apple wood chunks. The pork inside was actually juicy although it would have been even better if I pulled it a bit sooner. Live and learn. I gave the dog his portion and he was actually grunting with joy while eating it. Licked the plate for a couple minutes. He's easy but Amy's out of town so I'll take whatever praise I can get. LOL We went through half the roast and two skewers together. I may do some Tex/Mex style sandwiches tomorrow. I bet a salsa verde or crema sauce and some roasted peppers in a sandwich with the meat will be killer.

ljkpdCO.jpg

EDIT: You guys may have noticed the MEATER thermometer in the roast. For a rotisserie, the cordless thermometers are the way to go. I actually had the internal temp reading from the MEATER as well as 3 ambient temp readings from the MEATER, the Spider temp controller thermometer and the thermometer that comes with the rotisserie. Next time I will put the fire on the side away from the rotisserie thermometer. I didn't even look at it this time. Forgot it was there.

Reactions: Jamesv82 and Aircal

Thread Info