Food / Drink TCG Grillers, smokers and red meat enthusiasts

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yeah, meat prices are going up fast. Inflation is up over 11% in the last two months.

giphy.gif

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Family coming over for Father’s Day. My mom tells me she will pay for the skirt steak. Holy fuck?!? $9-$10 a pound! WTF?
View attachment 92290

bromontaro aren't you mexican?

can't you go to your local bofuckindega for like $5 a pound?!

quit buyin' shit from sams club right before one of the busiest grilling weekends of the YEAR.

tbones are legit $7.77a POUND at the jewels. go buy that instead

1623951784403.png

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm on my exercise bike today and the dog starts barking. Finish the routine and find a big, soggy box on the porch. Dog thinks it's something good.

O4zQB81.jpg

Who ordered from Snake River Farms? I text my son and he says it's an early Father's Day gift. Woo-hoo!

I use my cooking gloves to take out the leaking dry ice and find this:

CaJVqLx.jpg

OK, now this is getting interesting. Could it be? Is it?

Yep. A couple of gold level wagyu steaks!

nR2Sa3A.jpg

Sort of hard to see them since they are rock solid but I will put pics up when I cook each of them. Very nice Father's Day gift from my kids!

Rk8KvFs.jpg

Reactions: Aircal

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Plz explain where you got 11% from
News articles. 5% in April, 6.6% in May.

Article I saw wasn't clear. Looked like 11% for 2 months. Instead, after looking at other articles, it's 6.6% year over year for May. Still bad. It was 5% yoy in April.

• Producer prices as of May rose 6.6% over the past 12 months, the fastest increase on record.
  • At the same time, retail sales declined 1.3%, worse than the 0.6% estimate.
  • Month over month, the producer price index increased 0.8%, also faster than the 0.5% estimate.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
News articles. 5% in April, 6.6% in May.

Article I saw wasn't clear. Looked like 11% for 2 months. Instead, after looking at other articles, it's 6.6% year over year for May. Still bad. It was 5% yoy in April.

You actually thought that you can add two months together and call that the inflation rate? Like seriously?

Inflation is ALWAYS measured against a benchmark (usually YOY), it's not cumulative.

This is why nobody takes you seriously

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I read a slanted article that didn't mention year over year, made a mistake in accepting it without checking further, owned up to it and corrected it. ?

The correct number is 6.6%, not 11%.

I'm not going to let a food thread turn into another battleground for you guys. If you want to attack people, do it elsewhere. One more comment and I'm deleting the string.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
bromontaro aren't you mexican?

can't you go to your local bofuckindega for like $5 a pound?!

quit buyin' shit from sams club right before one of the busiest grilling weekends of the YEAR.

tbones are legit $7.77a POUND at the jewels. go buy that instead

View attachment 92295
Not anymore brotato. Little Mexico went up to 11.99/lb. Sams club skirt steak is good and usually 5.49/lb. wife went to Sam’s thinking she gon get that price and they were at 8.99/lb. She calls me from there and the butcher rolls out a tray with meat priced at 9.99/lb. grabs the remaining packages to reweigh at new price. Luckily wife had those packages in the cart already. I always request porterhouse or t-bone but whole family coming over. A hundo for just meat…no wonder I can’t go on TCG tour.

• Haha
Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i use a simple kitchen aid mixer attachment, works fine for small batches

do you think the legit kitchenaid brand one is needed or this one works fine?

the kitchenaid one is on sale on depot deal of the day today.

strtcar

Regular
Oct 28, 2007
do you think the legit kitchenaid brand one is needed or this one works fine?

the kitchenaid one is on sale on depot deal of the day today.

The $30 amazon works just fine.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I love the side burner in my Weber Spirit. We tried a tic tok recipe last night. Turkey italian sausage stuffed with half of a string cheese topped with Rao’s. I also boiled a serving of wheat spagetti on the side burner. Didn’t have to heat up the house at all. The sausage tasted a lot better than it looked too. Will be making this again.

B7DB251E-C041-411F-B194-A6A3B6BBB76D.jpeg

Reactions: Flyn

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I love the side burner in my Weber Spirit. We tried a tic tok recipe last night. Turkey italian sausage stuffed with half of a string cheese topped with Rao’s. I also boiled a serving of wheat spagetti on the side burner. Didn’t have to heat up the house at all. The sausage tasted a lot better than it looked too. Will be making this again.

View attachment 92424
When is your wedding? Hopefully soon, I'd love to buy you some presentable China

• Haha
Reactions: Huggerorange73

Thread Info