Food / Drink TCG Grillers, smokers and red meat enthusiasts

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
Smoked and seared pork tenderloin and beef short ribs. All on Hickory.

Wrapped the ribs with smoked beef tallow. Really recommend keeping the trimmings and basting with smoked tallow
20210619_171220.jpeg
20210619_171225.jpeg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Wagyu 10 oz. BMS Grade 9 sirloin. Soon. 2 hours sous vide at 133* then under the flame thrower for a kiss of maillard reaction goodness.

VlM8gVA.jpg

This was a sirloin and it tastes better than filet mignon. Can't wait to try the actual filet another time.

YPmoksQ.jpg

vOemJMz.jpg

EDIT: Damn! That was good. The flavor coated my mouth for 15 minutes after I ate the steak.

strtcar

Regular
Oct 28, 2007
Wagyu 10 oz. BMS Grade 9 sirloin. Soon. 2 hours sous vide at 133* then under the flame thrower for a kiss of maillard reaction goodness.

VlM8gVA.jpg

This was a sirloin and it tastes better than filet mignon. Can't wait to try the actual filet another time.

YPmoksQ.jpg

vOemJMz.jpg

EDIT: Damn! That was good. The flavor coated my mouth for 15 minutes after I ate the steak.
Looks great, where did you get it from?

Reactions: Rdrnnr

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
5 hours left if you want a meat grinder for $35 from Prime Day Amazon. They are 35% claimed as of 11:22 A.M. ET

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Snake River Farms. Kids got me this one and a filet for Father's Day.
I have been wanting to try stuff from there. I feel like it would be cheating on the local place right down the road though.

Funny enough, Walmart is starting to sell wagyu. That is where I got those burgers from and they were tasty

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I have tried Walmart wagyu steaks and they seem to be a lower grade of wagyu. Not bad but nowhere near the wagyu from SRF.

You get what you pay for with Wagyu for sure. I have heard good reviews about Walmarts wagyu steaks for their price point.

Buying from a place with a good reputation will get you some great cuts of meat. But when you buy wagyu from a place and it comes with a sheet that tells you the cows name, breed, age, where it came from, and things of that natur , you know you are in for a higher cut for sure. lol

20200116_183547.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
My Daughter just came by with my Fathers Day gift. Can’t wait to try it

View attachment 92644
Nice! I have the same one. Love it. Be careful to clean it thoroughly, especially the ends and properly position it back into the charging box for it to charge properly. Also, let me know if you find a way to turn off the app on your phone. I may be missing something simple because I force close it. The Meater is easy to use and I like not having wires.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Thread Info