TCG fishin’ thread V. 2019

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
32 hours of OT on my last check, decided to order myself some tackle. Picked up two tackle bags. Plano M series hanging bait box for Musky tackle and a Plano KVD 3700 series tackle bag. That one is going to be dedicated to walleye/trolling gear. Also picked up a few super shad raps, chaos tackle medussa, chaos tackle posseidon, and a black/nickel double 8 bucktail. Not planning to have a TON of musky tackle, just a little bit of the basics.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Looking for kings, browns, or coho?

Whatever bites.

Caught a brown on my second cast, Dead Sea after that. It’s warm outside but man is that wind off the lake freezing. Fished for two hours on northerly island and called it a night. I forgot my damn scale again.

tj9Dpac.jpg

EWMW1zp.jpg

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
I dont think you guys are in prespawn are you? From what my brother says a bunch of lakes and ponds are just becoming thawed out. The bite should get really good for you once that way temp is in the mid 50's

Yes we are in Pre Spawn
:quote:staging period:quote: for most species. It all has to do with water temp/body of water. Brown trout is done, Steelhead has started along with Suckers. Crappie, Perch and Walleye are all staging as well as Muskie/Pike. Bass and Bluegill go last in May-June.

snakebyte

Addict
Oct 30, 2011
ATX
Yes we are in Pre Spawn
:quote:staging period:quote: for most species. It all has to do with water temp/body of water. Brown trout is done, Steelhead has started along with Suckers. Crappie, Perch and Walleye are all staging as well as Muskie/Pike. Bass and Bluegill go last in May-June.

Yea im aware of the trout timeframe, was referring specifically to the bass out there.

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
Yea im aware of the trout timeframe, was referring specifically to the bass out there.

Like I said it depends on the body of water. Things such as overall depth/amount of shallow shoreline or channels available, bottom composition and water clarity play roll's in temp regulations to each lake or pond. Shallower bodies of water warm a lot quicker as do stained waters, rocky and or sandy bottoms because they absorb and transfer the Sun's thermal energy more efficiently. In Southern WI game fish on inland lakes is closed from 1st Sunday in March to the 1st Saturday in May, Bass usually are just then starting to move up on beds then. Northern WI Zone doesn't open until Memorial weekend. Water surface temps in Northern IL/WI area that I have checked with my handheld are anywhere from 45-51° in the late afternoon in the recent few nice days we've had.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info