đź’¦ Detailing TCG Detailing Thread

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Last couple times I've ordered from CSW they scolded me for coming to get it before it was ready. They told me in the future to order the day before I need to pick it up. At the minimum wait to get the email from them saying it's ready. I think they've gotten really busy. I used to be able to order before I left to go there and it would be ready by the time I got there 25 minutes later. Now it takes hours.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
I was about to order some stuff from Car Supplies Warehouse the other day until I realized they closed the Lombard retail store. They moved it to the Romeoville location and actually have a storefront you can go shop now, and extended hours on Saturdays. I'm about to head up there now and probably spend way too much money lol.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I was about to order some stuff from Car Supplies Warehouse the other day until I realized they closed the Lombard retail store. They moved it to the Romeoville location and actually have a storefront you can go shop now, and extended hours on Saturdays. I'm about to head up there now and probably spend way too much money lol.

Never heard of this place nice find aron

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Any harm in ceramic coating polished wheels?

Getting ready to put some wheels on with a deep polished lip.
Car will unfortunately live outside and I want to make cleaning / preventing water spotting as easy as possible.

I have half a bottle of C.Quartz UK left over that I was planning to coat them with, but have never done it on bare metal.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Coating bare metal is a touchy subject. It's been discussed before
Long story short is it will not prevent oxidation. It will only slow it
I would not use a paint coating.
If you read most wheel coatings, not many specify if it's safe to use on bare metal. To avoid any permanent damage, I suggest a polished aluminum sealant and apply it multiple times a year.
You can look into Dr Beasley's metal coat since it is marketed for exhausts.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Sounds like chrome and stainless steel.
This review does not sound promising for your application
Screenshot_20230526-165456.png

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Caleb515 Caleb515 as mentioned nothing prevents it, but you can slow it down. I’ve used this and I have had luck. I actually have both of their aluminum/metal polishes and this sealer. If the rims are already in good shape. I’d hit them with Never Dull as needed and seal with Wolfgang

Wolfgang MetallWerk Concours Metal Sealant 8 oz https://a.co/d/aQwIVDs

Eagle 1 Wadding Polish, 5 oz. https://a.co/d/h7ZPlkP

Reactions: Caleb515

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Had to restock some items in my arsenal, picked up some more adams graphene detail spray, carpro hydrO2 lite, and had to get some more Reload for the homemade detail spray I whip up. I didn't know there was a 2.0 formula for this stuff now. Shits expensive, and probably unnecessary for what I'm doing with it, but I want to give it a shot anyways. Wondering what kind of improvements they've made in it tho, and if its a more viable option for a standalone topper now

Reactions: Shawn1112

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Any suggestions on how to remove paint overspray with out hurting ceramic coating? I have been driving the car to work at the body shop and I guess where I park there is a lot of overspray from the paint booth. I didn’t think it would be an issue but I’m wrong lol.

Thread Info