đź’¦ Detailing TCG Detailing Thread

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Gav'sPurpleZ Gav'sPurpleZ what's a good glaze to get a metallic silver to "pop"?
Machine applied or hand applied ?
If by machine I would say Sonax Perfect Finish. It's a medium, diminishing polish. Made the purple on my car look better than ever.
If you are hand applying, Strjarnagloss Glasyr is a pure glaze that will provide 30-90 days of protection as well.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
About to put my shit that was in the basement for the winter back in the garage. Wagoneer gonna get a nice deep cleaning as well.

All the shit on the shelves stayed in the garage thru the winter. But that shit should be okay.

8B3B3506-D7F3-4E17-B6AB-FAEF5B98233C.jpeg

35F18AA7-0A66-4E69-82CE-C100061F4F0E.jpeg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
How do you wash that beast in sunlight without parts drying?
Well I normally do it in the morning before the sun comes up. But for days like today. I wash and rinse one panel at a time (2 bucket method). Move on to next panel and as I rinse that panel, I rinse the one behind me again. Basically I keep the whole truck wet at all times. Pull in garage after rinsing the whole truck again. Spray some drying aid and dry it out of the sun.

Reactions: blue-sun

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Nothing better than Southside black man!

Beautiful ?
Me and black vehicles have a love/hate relationship. I love them when they are clean and well maintained, best looking vehicles on the road imo. But they are soooo fucking hard to maintain and keep clean.

Noticed a nice rock chip in my hood already. 12k miles of mostly expressway driving will do that though.

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Me and black vehicles have a love/hate relationship. I love them when they are clean and well maintained, best looking vehicles on the road imo. But they are soooo fucking hard to maintain and keep clean.

Noticed a nice rock chip in my hood already. 12k miles of mostly expressway driving will do that though.
I know your pain.

That's why I went with blue this time.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL

You have 12k already ? Fock!

Thread Info