20230414_171337.jpg

So 2 rounds of iron out and simple green then a clay bar

20230414_172701~2.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
My Wifes is 100% from something near our house and we arent in an industrial area. The weirdest shit too, her car always has it way worse on the passenger side. I power wash my siding on the house/garage and fence once a year in the spring. The side of the house, garage, and fence that would face the same way as the passenger side of the Wifes car always has these specs that look just like the shit on her car.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
That's not from your paint job, that's contamination from fallout or like said, rail dust or something similar. Is your shop in an industrial area or near railroad tracks?

BTW, after iron remover and clay bar, get at least some wax on there to protect the paint.
Yes I was going to wait til I can actually wash the entire truck. I just did the tail gate yesterday. Then I was going to seal it.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Do some you guys that are really “detail” lol oriented use a water softener deionizer in line filter to prevent water spots?
Some of Griot’s Garage stuff is expensive. Over-priced. This filter costs $160. With fittings. The replacement filter costs 145.
If there’s any other ones like on Amazon that are cheaper, post up.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
You can purchase a CamCo filter to put on the spigot. Does it help ? maybe.
but
if you want real filtration then a CR spotless system would be the one to get. It's the industry standard.

• Wow
Reactions: Shawn1112 and Marko

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
You can purchase a CamCo filter to put on the spigot. Does it help ? maybe.
but
if you want real filtration then a CR spotless system would be the one to get. It's the industry standard.

I recently bought a cheap RV Water filter at Menards for $20 to put on the end of my hose reel to see if it makes a difference. I have not used it yet.

I do the same every year, seems to make a bit of a difference for me
Just researching a little, a lot of guys use the CamCo filter. And I already have a Ryobi pressure washer, foam cannon and Adams car wash soap. Leaf blower to blow off most of the water and finish with a high quality microfiber towel.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Does AG not have sales as often anymore? Got about $300 worth of shit to buy. Been waiting over a month for a sale
I gave up on Autogeek years ago

Detailed image has sales everyday on different brands and your typical 20% off etc.
You pay for shipping but it gets to you within 2-3 days

Reactions: Shawn1112

Thread Info