Supercharger startup fail

lilmarauder

Reaction score
I buttoned up everything today and I fired the car up and no good. It won't idle, it has a horrible miss, it smooths out as it revs up to try to stay alive but it will barely run. The pass side pcv is holowed out, and the drivers side is hooked up to the back of the blower. The car sounds like its running on 4 spark plugs. I pulled a plug out and it was covered in fuel.

Also my boost gauge is at 15 for vacuum when it first starts and slowly goes to 0 and stays there. It won't make boost. It actually made vacuum as the rpm's climbed. I have the boost bypass teed with my frps on the BOTTOM boost port. I understand this port only sees boost. And my air fuel goes from super lean at initial start up to super rich just before it dies. I understand that I should have a functioning pcv valve on the drivers side? Could this be part of my problem?

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
I buttoned up everything today and I fired the car up and no good. It won't idle, it has a horrible miss, it smooths out as it revs up to try to stay alive but it will barely run. The pass side pcv is holowed out, and the drivers side is hooked up to the back of the blower. The car sounds like its running on 4 spark plugs. I pulled a plug out and it was covered in fuel.

Also my boost gauge is at 15 for vacuum when it first starts and slowly goes to 0 and stays there. It won't make boost. It actually made vacuum as the rpm's climbed. I have the boost bypass teed with my frps on the BOTTOM boost port. I understand this port only sees boost. And my air fuel goes from super lean at initial start up to super rich just before it dies. I understand that I should have a functioning pcv valve on the drivers side? Could this be part of my problem?
Haha I pm'ed you before you even posted this.
Im a sniper.

musclemerc

Reaction score
I hope you swapped the plugs and got new copper gapped at the correct height for the SC, Get another FRPS sensor and swap it when you get a chance. Check for vacuum/boost leaks them move forward from there.

Get an EV-111 Motorcraft pcv valve installed asap.

lilmarauder

Reaction score
Yea new plugs gapped at .032
They are ngk tr6 I believe

Didn't have a pcv valve in the drivers side. Just the hose nipple.

The passenger side pcv is hollowed out, and connected to the intake tube. Is this correct?

Coils are plugged in the correct order. I wish it was just a coil.

lilmarauder

Reaction score
Also just found out my iac is mounted backwards. The connector is facing my steering wheel, not the pass side fender.

My biggest concern is how the vacuum starts off at 15 then drops to 0 in about 5 seconds

lilmarauder

Reaction score
No worries. Any positive input is greatly appreciated at this point

lilmarauder

Reaction score
Just fired it up again. Still running like crap. Doused it with carb cleaner and it didn't rev up. I'm still making more vacum as it revs up

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
LOL your TPS is backwards too.
Try that first!

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

lilmarauder

Reaction score
I just tried it again and this time I unplugged each fuel injector. One at a time on the drivers side and it ran no different. But the plugs are wet.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
I just tried it again and this time I unplugged each fuel injector. One at a time on the drivers side and it ran no different. But the plugs are wet.
In case you didnt see, your TPS is backwards!

lilmarauder

Reaction score
I might put my stock injectors in to see if it changes anything. Since nothing changed when I unplugged the ones in it

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
What injectors do you have and what is it tuned for? The tps will for sure make your car run like shit

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
Its time to ohm the wires and make absolutely sure they were extended correctly.
Shit does happen.

lilmarauder

Reaction score
I've got the tps connector facing the pass side fender. No change. Started with 39 pounders, put the stock ones back in and no change with both n/a and blower tunes

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
Its time to ohm the wires and make absolutely sure they were extended correctly.
Shit does happen.
Verify the TPS is .9x at rest and ramps up when the throttle is opened. You can do this with the KOEO (key on engine off)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom