• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Supercharger startup fail

lilmarauder

Feb 20, 2013
I buttoned up everything today and I fired the car up and no good. It won't idle, it has a horrible miss, it smooths out as it revs up to try to stay alive but it will barely run. The pass side pcv is holowed out, and the drivers side is hooked up to the back of the blower. The car sounds like its running on 4 spark plugs. I pulled a plug out and it was covered in fuel.

Also my boost gauge is at 15 for vacuum when it first starts and slowly goes to 0 and stays there. It won't make boost. It actually made vacuum as the rpm's climbed. I have the boost bypass teed with my frps on the BOTTOM boost port. I understand this port only sees boost. And my air fuel goes from super lean at initial start up to super rich just before it dies. I understand that I should have a functioning pcv valve on the drivers side? Could this be part of my problem?

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I buttoned up everything today and I fired the car up and no good. It won't idle, it has a horrible miss, it smooths out as it revs up to try to stay alive but it will barely run. The pass side pcv is holowed out, and the drivers side is hooked up to the back of the blower. The car sounds like its running on 4 spark plugs. I pulled a plug out and it was covered in fuel.

Also my boost gauge is at 15 for vacuum when it first starts and slowly goes to 0 and stays there. It won't make boost. It actually made vacuum as the rpm's climbed. I have the boost bypass teed with my frps on the BOTTOM boost port. I understand this port only sees boost. And my air fuel goes from super lean at initial start up to super rich just before it dies. I understand that I should have a functioning pcv valve on the drivers side? Could this be part of my problem?

Haha I pm'ed you before you even posted this.
Im a sniper.

lilmarauder

Feb 20, 2013
Yea new plugs gapped at .032
They are ngk tr6 I believe

Didn't have a pcv valve in the drivers side. Just the hose nipple.

The passenger side pcv is hollowed out, and connected to the intake tube. Is this correct?

Coils are plugged in the correct order. I wish it was just a coil.

lilmarauder

Feb 20, 2013
6yhaty5y.jpg

su8ygute.jpg

zunydupy.jpg

u3e7a8e7.jpg

I'm at a loss here

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info