Super strange C6 problem this morning.

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
Came into the garage to leave for work in my other car, and the 4 way flashers were going off on the C6. Took me a second to realize what was happening, but I ran inside to grab the fob. I drove it last night and thought maybe I accidentally hit the hazard light button when I was turning off my radar detector. Well the button was off, and turning it on and back off again did nothing. So I tried to start the car, but there was not enough juice to turn it over. And turning it back off and into accessory mode still did nothing. Also the window came down half way by itself when I opened the door. Turning the car back off again still did nothing. None of the fob buttons would also do anything like unlocking or locking.

So I decided rather than let it die all the way, I would disconnect the battery, and put my charger on it for the day and check back when I get home.

Anyone heard of this before. The car started doing this by itself at some point in the middle of the night or early morning.

The only difference is the car was tuned a last week. Other than that no aftermarket accessories whatsoever.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Right before the battery is stone dead that happens on all the newer gm cars I've had

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
the newer BCM/modules don't like when voltage drops below 11 if its ~10 volt it will shut down the majority of systems to try to make sure you can drive the rest of the way home 9v your dead

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
battery looks like it could only be 2 years old at very most, looks like dealer should cover that too

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
battery looks like it could only be 2 years old at very most, looks like dealer should cover that too
should. but you know I literally just got the car tuned - ie first mods. So who knows if they will have a stink about that. No worries tho, Ill get an optima on my dime no problem.

Ti28

Cupcake
Reaction score
It's a Delco, not the best batteries out there. I've seen the terminals just pull out of the battery.

Optima's are not what they used to be, I'm a big Interstate guy. I use them in all of my vehicles at work and home.

If you're close to me I can get you a hook up.

Red Alert

Reaction score
Optimas blow now.. Well, I know the red tops do first hand. Interstate batteries are really good, also vatozone duralast batteries are pretty solid. I've had the same one in my jag for over 8 years now.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'd skip the Optima.

I agree with the Duralast, no experience with the Interstate.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Farm and fleet batteries ftw. Same exact warranty as any auto store battery for cheaper. My $100 battery at autozone was $60 at farm and fleet.

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
You guys are forgetting that corvette C6s eat batteries. They are known for draining batteries dry after a week from sitting. And putting the car in reverse no longer applies because it was supposedly fixed in 06. But they still need to be put on a trickle charger weekly. Sucks. But any new battey would probably be ok for a while.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
Donating Member
Reaction score
You guys are forgetting that corvette C6s eat batteries. They are known for draining batteries dry after a week from sitting. And putting the car in reverse no longer applies because it was supposedly fixed in 06. But they still need to be put on a trickle charger weekly. Sucks. But any new battey would probably be ok for a while.
Amazon.com: Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior 12V Battery Charger: Automotive

we found one new for my dad's C4 for 19.95 + shipping

Typhoon

Reaction score
I put the vette on one all the time as well. Ive been told the 13' model year vettes come with one from the factory.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
onstar doing a system check and finding your tune and trying to "fix" it...

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
I told my service guy about it having e85 and not to put gas in it or flash it. He was cool with it. So is the mechanic. Besides they said it was either the bcm or the hazard switch. Nothing to do with the ECM or any tuning. That can be proved.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I told my service guy about it having e85 and not to put gas in it or flash it. He was cool with it. So is the mechanic. Besides they said it was either the bcm or the hazard switch. Nothing to do with the ECM or any tuning. That can be proved.
Who is it? Is it at GL?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom