• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Super strange C6 problem this morning.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Came into the garage to leave for work in my other car, and the 4 way flashers were going off on the C6. Took me a second to realize what was happening, but I ran inside to grab the fob. I drove it last night and thought maybe I accidentally hit the hazard light button when I was turning off my radar detector. Well the button was off, and turning it on and back off again did nothing. So I tried to start the car, but there was not enough juice to turn it over. And turning it back off and into accessory mode still did nothing. Also the window came down half way by itself when I opened the door. Turning the car back off again still did nothing. None of the fob buttons would also do anything like unlocking or locking.

So I decided rather than let it die all the way, I would disconnect the battery, and put my charger on it for the day and check back when I get home.

Anyone heard of this before. The car started doing this by itself at some point in the middle of the night or early morning.

The only difference is the car was tuned a last week. Other than that no aftermarket accessories whatsoever.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
It's a Delco, not the best batteries out there. I've seen the terminals just pull out of the battery.

Optima's are not what they used to be, I'm a big Interstate guy. I use them in all of my vehicles at work and home.

If you're close to me I can get you a hook up.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
You guys are forgetting that corvette C6s eat batteries. They are known for draining batteries dry after a week from sitting. And putting the car in reverse no longer applies because it was supposedly fixed in 06. But they still need to be put on a trickle charger weekly. Sucks. But any new battey would probably be ok for a while.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
You guys are forgetting that corvette C6s eat batteries. They are known for draining batteries dry after a week from sitting. And putting the car in reverse no longer applies because it was supposedly fixed in 06. But they still need to be put on a trickle charger weekly. Sucks. But any new battey would probably be ok for a while.

Amazon.com: Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior 12V Battery Charger: Automotive

we found one new for my dad's C4 for 19.95 + shipping

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info