• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Springs Springs Springs.... advice?

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
Looking for something to lower it.. but have a good ride quality... if i wanted a race car ride quality, id drive the SHO.

Im going with KYB AGX struts.. and i need to know some infor on springs..

Im looking at Eibachs, SSC, and Vogtland.

Id prefer an even stance.. or a RAKE towards the front.

But i cannot compromise the ride quality.

What do you guys suggest?

I like the Way GTP Mikes car handles/rides with the AGX/SSC combo (but he only has the fronts for now.., and i like with my brothers KYB-GR2/Vogtland.

help!

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
yea i installed his AGX/SSC with sway barz combo last week.

handles* pretty good

*handleing compared to other W-Bodys

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
Vogtland's all the way, period.

My car ride's great with the GMPP's (Vogtland). Stance is nice, won't drag over curbs and speedbumps. I had SLP's on it before...and even when they were new they sucked (BTW they are made by Eibach).

I've ridden in and worked around enough GTP's to easilly reccomend the vogtlands. The Eibachs are for race carz, The SSC's are good, but I beieve they are Vogtlands anyway. The ST's are too big of a drop to be a fun driver.

The AGX's are the way to go, but the Vogtand's work well with the standard KYB's.

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
So you would have no objection to the AGX/SSC combo?

IIRC... my brothers GTP with vogtland *seemed* slightly lower in the rear :/

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
So you would have no objection to the AGX/SSC combo?

IIRC... my brothers GTP with vogtland *seemed* slightly lower in the rear :/
That may be right, but the drop is supposed to be a little less in the back. You could chalk that up to sagging trailing arms too. Mine sit's about a 1/2" higher in back than standard because of me relocating the traiing arm mount point too.

On GTP's I reccomend sticking with the rear bar upgrade, and sticking with the stocker for the front (until it falls apart anyway). Car digs in better, the GMPP front bar is really the only choice for repacement of a bad stocker, but it does increase understeer quite a bit...especially with less than sticky summer tires.

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
understeer??? with a more performance oriented front sway???
Yeah; bigger front bar adds understeer....bigger rear bar adds oversteer. Using just an upgraded rear makes the car more neutral.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
Reaction score
well ill say NOT eibachs :rofl:

ive heard both the AGX and either SSC or vogt combos are quite nice!

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
I like whatever i got from bikrboy, they bounce a bit but i like that :pedobear:

And my B&G lowering springs on the other gtp paired with AGX's are :ugh: straight junk.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
P.S. I didn't know GTPmikes car had any suspension, pics or this thread fails.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I've got the vogtlang agx combo running for 10,000 plus miles now. with the low pro bullitts it rides pretty rough but on the stock sized winter tires it's not as bad. mine is dead nuts level front and back. lemme know if you want to come out and drive it.

BoostJunki3

Slow M90 Setup
Reaction score
i have gen II eibachs and they ride fine on stock struts....in w-bodys your not gonna lower and get the same ride....for sitting on a 2 inch drop with old struts and not complaining about the ride.....i say eibachs....vogtlands dont drop enough to make it worth shelling out for them, mine as well ride stock springs.....SSC ive heard drop less than eibachs and ride shittier and stiff....eibachs sit low as hell and still ride soft....the only thing i need to get is new struts, anti pogos and some STB's and ill be set.....eibachs for the win

ps. your gonna lose ride quality with any drop so if you can make driving adjustments, go low!

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Here are my Vogtlands and AGX.

And in winter trim with stock tires:

SaturdaysGS

Reaction score
SLP's! the more miles you put on them the more they just keep lowering.

or whatever garbage is in my car, nice rake, and since one of them broke it bounces like a strippers ass.

+1 vogtlands

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That has to be Billy in the backseat judging by the hat and I'm guessing sister Bru in the front.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
That has to be Billy in the backseat judging by the hat and I'm guessing sister Bru in the front.
Yep, and they are both showing their affection towards their older brother. That must have been a holiday or something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom