So what brake pads are you LS1 guys using?

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Looking for something for a 98-02 caliper, I would call it moderate to heavy street use. Don't really care if it is powdery. other than that, what opinions do you folks have?

Shibby50

Reaction score
I've always ran hawk ceramic pads with brembo blank rotors. Dozens of 1/4 mile slow downs and about 25k later with this set and still strong, no warping yet.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
[MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] Whose rotors?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Strano as well... but I couldn't find them on his site just now. Maybe he's swapped out to those quiet slot rotors for brake packages now? I spent $550 for all 4 corners IIRC.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seriously tho, call Sam. The guy is awesome to talk to and will give you all sorts of assistance deciding what to go with.

(814) 849-3450

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
Everyone on the corvette forum seems to love those Autozone Duralast Gold CMax Pads. Almost no dust and they bite great for street duty.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
jesus H FUCK!

and stock replacement stuff for under $150 isnt sufficient?
All I can tell you is that braking definitely got better with this setup on the car. I'll be buying my fbody brakes from Strano going forward! :jg:

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
i never understood the people that sink a bunch of money in brakes..
IMO, if they work, they work. learn your car and know how much room you need to stop. all that money is better spent somewhere else..

but OP, if you must, i just installed this kit for a customer, not bad for the price if you really want spend the extra money.
$260
More Information for POWER STOP K1548

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
i never understood the people that sink a bunch of money in brakes..
IMO, if they work, they work. learn your car and know how much room you need to stop. all that money is better spent somewhere else..

but OP, if you must, i just installed this kit for a customer, not bad for the price if you really want spend the extra money.
$260
More Information for POWER STOP K1548
I agree on the money in brakes argument. To me I only need it to bite and stop me once and then it's going to cool down before doing it again.. If I were road racing a car it would be totally different where I'd want something that won't fade over time, but some of those brake systems aren't that great for street use as the operating temps for those are traditionally higher than what you'd encounter driving around town. HPS pads + Stock style rotors = stopped me in the half mile at 165mph. The 0est of fucks were given.

Ti28

Cupcake
Reaction score
I've always been a huge fan of Centric blanks, which are what 99% of crossed and drilled rotors start out as from anyone. And their Posi quiets or Wagner thermoquiet for pads.

Pewter-Camaro

Reaction score
Brembo blanks front and rear with Performance Friction pads where what I was running for some time but Performance Friction discontinued the pads I used to like for the car. After that I had Brembo blanks and Hawk HPS then Brembo Blank prices skyrocketed. Since then I've been using Hawk HPS Pads and Centric Blank rotors. No problems with warping and have been quiet for the daily drive.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm leaving my drums in the back (for now) but I figure ditching front drums will be a HUGE upgrade. I'm running the stock GTA wheel/tire combo in the front (225-60-15) and it's on a Lemans Sedan that probably weighs in at ~3700lbs. I've been seriously eyeing the HPS pads and the Duralast "gold" pads as I figure warranty would be easy that way and I've heard that the autocross guys like to erm "use" it.

NOT looking for a road race setup. From what I've read these aren't even really suitable for the Camaros they came on at a few hundred pounds lighter much less this tank.

In regards to what I'm going to do with it, mostly street duty just wasting gasoline but I may try to violate some cones eventually however 1/4 mile duty is far more likely at least initially. I figure I have to spend the bank on some pads, may as well find out if the pricier ones are worth it compared to say some stock style replacements.

Anyone done any of the Bendix pads? Did CT-3s on the G6 and they turned out pretty nice overall. I'd go with the TitaniuMetallic IIs or the organic pads of course, but figure I'd ask.

Ti28

Cupcake
Reaction score
I run Bendix shoes on my trucks at work. They are good and keep from rust jacking.

On a car never used them, I would have to say they would be good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom