• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

So what brake pads are you LS1 guys using?

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
i never understood the people that sink a bunch of money in brakes..
IMO, if they work, they work. learn your car and know how much room you need to stop. all that money is better spent somewhere else..

but OP, if you must, i just installed this kit for a customer, not bad for the price if you really want spend the extra money.
$260
More Information for POWER STOP K1548

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
i never understood the people that sink a bunch of money in brakes..
IMO, if they work, they work. learn your car and know how much room you need to stop. all that money is better spent somewhere else..

but OP, if you must, i just installed this kit for a customer, not bad for the price if you really want spend the extra money.
$260
More Information for POWER STOP K1548

I agree on the money in brakes argument. To me I only need it to bite and stop me once and then it's going to cool down before doing it again.. If I were road racing a car it would be totally different where I'd want something that won't fade over time, but some of those brake systems aren't that great for street use as the operating temps for those are traditionally higher than what you'd encounter driving around town. HPS pads + Stock style rotors = stopped me in the half mile at 165mph. The 0est of fucks were given.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Brembo blanks front and rear with Performance Friction pads where what I was running for some time but Performance Friction discontinued the pads I used to like for the car. After that I had Brembo blanks and Hawk HPS then Brembo Blank prices skyrocketed. Since then I've been using Hawk HPS Pads and Centric Blank rotors. No problems with warping and have been quiet for the daily drive.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm leaving my drums in the back (for now) but I figure ditching front drums will be a HUGE upgrade. I'm running the stock GTA wheel/tire combo in the front (225-60-15) and it's on a Lemans Sedan that probably weighs in at ~3700lbs. I've been seriously eyeing the HPS pads and the Duralast "gold" pads as I figure warranty would be easy that way and I've heard that the autocross guys like to erm "use" it.

NOT looking for a road race setup. From what I've read these aren't even really suitable for the Camaros they came on at a few hundred pounds lighter much less this tank.

In regards to what I'm going to do with it, mostly street duty just wasting gasoline but I may try to violate some cones eventually however 1/4 mile duty is far more likely at least initially. I figure I have to spend the bank on some pads, may as well find out if the pricier ones are worth it compared to say some stock style replacements.

Anyone done any of the Bendix pads? Did CT-3s on the G6 and they turned out pretty nice overall. I'd go with the TitaniuMetallic IIs or the organic pads of course, but figure I'd ask.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info