So Tony Stewart may have killed a guy

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
That's not correct. They are not on pavement. Turning right and giving throttle makes the car go around the corner. Watch a dirt track race there wheels are pointed right through most of the corner.

I was under the impression they had momentum going into a corner. I don't think he was going fast enough to use momentum to slide under caution. Crappy deal all around.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Here's something I copied from a friend of mine.

All makes sense now: "The steering boxes in, not only Sprintcars, but a majority of dirt cars (like my Falcon that I race) are QuickSteer. QuickSteer is purpose built for racing, and works best at full speed. At low or pacing speed, QuickSteer will not respond as well as a road car, or other cars. That's why at low speed, to turn sharply, it's best to give a quick burst of throttle to help the rear grip and turn.
The reason Tony would of revved up when he got to Ward was to turn sharply away from him, but unfortunately Ward just got way too close, and what could of been easily preventable from both parties, turned into a tragic, freak accident.

Sounds like how jetskis or waverunners are. To turn best you need to gun the throttle and turn. Not just turn without power. Obviously probably completely different but that's what I can relate to.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I was under the impression they had momentum going into a corner. I don't think he was going fast enough to use momentum to slide under caution. Crappy deal all around.

They also have different sized tires on the inside and outside of the car to make it basically always want to turn left. They have to hold the wheel right just to go straight

Breze84

$ AIN'T NO PITY IN C-NOTE CITY $
Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
It 100% was intentional. In the first pic you'll see his front wheels turned to the right

imagejpg1_zpsbd021f92.jpg

which explains why is ass end kicked to the left. Look how far up the track he went in the second pic

imagejpg2_zps01ed52cb.jpg

Its open wheel racing on a wet dirt track. Dude caught the wheel which pulled the car to the right. These cars weigh nothing, A human body is going to cause the car to dog track to the right. WTF are you talking about :bowrofl:

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
i hate the sensationalism of our fucking media and world.

This is why I say he is done. Doesnt matter if he is found guilty or not. There is a video that caught him runnin over a guy. Intention doesnt even matter at this point to the media or to a lot of people. It is a PR nightmare and he will never be viewed the same again and will never live it down. The only thing that can save him is the gopro footage showing he made efforts and tried to avoid hitting the guy. All of it equals donezo to me.

Great White Drake

Jun 23, 2010
They also have different sized tires on the inside and outside of the car to make it basically always want to turn left. They have to hold the wheel right just to go straight

But he didn't stay straight. He's much higher after he passes the wreck. All I'm saying is, why blip the throttle towards a wreck even if he didn't see the guy? I wish Wards family the best.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
This is why I say he is done. Doesnt matter if he is found guilty or not. There is a video that caught him runnin over a guy. Intention doesnt even matter at this point to the media or to a lot of people. It is a PR nightmare and he will never be viewed the same again and will never live it down. The only thing that can save him is the gopro footage showing he made efforts and tried to avoid hitting the guy. All of it equals donezo to me.

This x2 innocent or not, the first thing I saw when I woke up this morning was multiple headlines saying tony Stewart killed a man on the track. That in itself can ruin or severely cripple someone's career.

Great White Drake

Jun 23, 2010
When you have momentum, yes, you have to turn opposite in a corner (bonus for the cars reference lol). Not while under a caution doing 25 or so mph. The cars are weighted/setup to swing the ass end towards the infield when the gas is hit. We can all speculate till the cows come home, but one thing is true, it doesn't effect my life one way or another.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Here's something I copied from a friend of mine.

All makes sense now: "The steering boxes in, not only Sprintcars, but a majority of dirt cars (like my Falcon that I race) are QuickSteer. QuickSteer is purpose built for racing, and works best at full speed. At low or pacing speed, QuickSteer will not respond as well as a road car, or other cars. That's why at low speed, to turn sharply, it's best to give a quick burst of throttle to help the rear grip and turn.
The reason Tony would of revved up when he got to Ward was to turn sharply away from him, but unfortunately Ward just got way too close, and what could of been easily preventable from both parties, turned into a tragic, freak accident.

This. Coming from someone with experience on a dirt track that is 100% spot on. Even at speed, you don't steer with the wheel, you steer with your right foot.

The statement about following the car in front of you is also accurate during a caution situation. You usually assume the driver in front of you is following a path away from the hazard on the track as you can not always see in front of the car.

Also, it looks as though when Tony supposedly "turns into" Ward it could very well have been the right front wheel making contact with Ward. I see open wheel cars get their fronts jarred like that from a divot in the track. A +/- 200 lb. object would most certainly cause the wheels to steer in his direction.

I've never been a huge fan of Tony Stewart, but, after reviewing the footage on hand I don't believe it to be his fault.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info