• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

So its raining right now.....

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

Heading south on 53 and it's hot as hell & sunny.
All of a sudden pouring like a SOB.
5 minutes later, sunny & hot as hell again.

Weird little squirt.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
Yeah, went from hot/muggy to holy fuck get inside real fast here.

I swear I could see the airflow of the TransAm with how much the wind was pushing the rain over the car.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Didn’t get much up north, a bit of wind, some rain, but no real light show or anything.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yup, still cool and wet... Killed my pool party.... Hahaha

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
had just started mowing the lawn at the other house when the wind picked up to gale force and within minutes Got maybe 5 passes up/down in our field area and had to quickly throw the mower in the garage and get in the house. It just skimmed WeGo, but Geneva/St. Charles got the brunt of that red cell posted above. Driving around after yesterday was like driving through a war zone in places.

lastls1

Reaction score
We got hammered. Everyone’s deck stuff is thrown about. Limbs down and newer trees are gone. It was bad around 9:30. I’m guessing maybe a micro burst?

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Left Hoffman around 8 pm last night figuring the rain had passed. Went down to the other house to strategically place the old van so that the garbage trucks going down the alley don't drive on my driveway (the concrete isn't thick enough to support the weight of them and if they crack it, I don't want to deal with Groot denying it).

Anyway, JUST as I get in to WeGo on 59, torrential downpour... So much for the G8 being clean! Go drive around town, went down Washington St. towards 38 and all the power is out. The Speedway at the corner of 38/Washington stone cold black. Going down 38, between Kress Rd. and and Technology Blvd., the power poles were hanging over the east bound lanes of 38 at a 45* angle... So I wonder if they had a micro burst or something there. The lightning show was nuts.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

15 poles in Montgomery were snapped and it tore apart 3 separate main fibers.
I saw the photo's, and they were tore to shreds.

Nccstud

Donating Member
Reaction score
Absolutely pouring here in Belvidere. Can't wait to drive the Stang home from the dealership lol

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
ive driven mine in the rain more than anything else this spring, Im glad the et street ss's are good in the rain

Nccstud

Donating Member
Reaction score
Oh, I'm not worried about it getting wet...I'm worried about the Pilot Sport Cup 2s.

It wasn't raining nearly as hard when I finally left...so it was fine

lastls1

Reaction score
Walked outside at 6:30 am. It was like getting hit in the face with water. Ugh this weather is the worst

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
Something caused one of the power wires on Busse to ground out and arc to the ground. Did it twice. Was so loud I felt it shake my desk and it looked like someone pointed a flood light at my windows.

I'm glad I left when I did. I missed most of the rain not he way in, so the trip wasn't bad. If had left 15m later, it would have been bad.

Top Bottom