TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Fuck

Screenshot_20190630-143728_AccuWeather.jpeg

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
had just started mowing the lawn at the other house when the wind picked up to gale force and within minutes Got maybe 5 passes up/down in our field area and had to quickly throw the mower in the garage and get in the house. It just skimmed WeGo, but Geneva/St. Charles got the brunt of that red cell posted above. Driving around after yesterday was like driving through a war zone in places.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Left Hoffman around 8 pm last night figuring the rain had passed. Went down to the other house to strategically place the old van so that the garbage trucks going down the alley don't drive on my driveway (the concrete isn't thick enough to support the weight of them and if they crack it, I don't want to deal with Groot denying it).

Anyway, JUST as I get in to WeGo on 59, torrential downpour... So much for the G8 being clean! Go drive around town, went down Washington St. towards 38 and all the power is out. The Speedway at the corner of 38/Washington stone cold black. Going down 38, between Kress Rd. and and Technology Blvd., the power poles were hanging over the east bound lanes of 38 at a 45* angle... So I wonder if they had a micro burst or something there. The lightning show was nuts.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Something caused one of the power wires on Busse to ground out and arc to the ground. Did it twice. Was so loud I felt it shake my desk and it looked like someone pointed a flood light at my windows.

I'm glad I left when I did. I missed most of the rain not he way in, so the trip wasn't bad. If had left 15m later, it would have been bad.

Thread Info