• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Drag to reposition cover

So I ditched the Tahoe for a Caprice

So what do I do?

• Total voters

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Just watched a rebuild video from “The Skid Factory” where they’re rebuilding a GM block (not an LS, but hydraulic roller) and the lifter supplier said to just soak the rollers, not the whole lifter. Something about the rocker adjustment with preloaded lifters and having a lifter collapse on initial startup, they’d rather they build up the pressure.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
So many people also say just install oil pump dry and then just start it up. Some people say turn out over with the starter with no plugs and fuel pump fuse pulled.

Fighting the urge to pack it with Vaseline which you have to do with Buick oil pumps since they’re shit and external on the timing cover.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom