(Small) Enclosed Trailer Talk

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
*If* I buy one I'd be at Putnam with it 5/23 and 5/24. Not sure if that'd be an issue

I might use that first track day as a chance to haul the truck in the bed and see how much of a pain in the ass it is loading & unloading by myself and fitting the ramps, genny, stands etc in there as well. I can put a lot in the back seat so it probably wouldn't be bad with just me.

Only after I accidentally drop it off the ramp and cause $1k in damage will I be willing to spend $3k on a trailer. Logic amirite

What kind of ramps you got for truck? We are leaving on the 25th so it would possibly work out. The issue we have right now is 4 guys going so need a trailer that will haul at least 3 bikes as I can put one in the back of the truck. A trailer to haul 2 bikes is not an issue. Finding one to rent or borrow that will hold 3 is a little more of a struggle. Plus with tailgate closed I need to put ramps in whatever trailer we take.,

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
giphy.gif

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
What kind of ramps you got for truck? We are leaving on the 25th so it would possibly work out. The issue we have right now is 4 guys going so need a trailer that will haul at least 3 bikes as I can put one in the back of the truck. A trailer to haul 2 bikes is not an issue. Finding one to rent or borrow that will hold 3 is a little more of a struggle. Plus with tailgate closed I need to put ramps in whatever trailer we take.,
Don't have ramps at the moment, always used a trailer. 3 sportbikes can fit in a 6x12 enclosed, but you'd need the pitbull TRS system. Probably need that anyway because that's what the trailer would be outfitted with to haul my bike. It hurts to spend the $300, but the first time you secure your bike by yourself in less than 30 seconds, you won't be complaining anymore lol. Fuck straps

Reactions: 1MEANGT

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Why doesn’t your cheap ass just do an enclosed Uhaul trailer?? I helped my son move last year. We paid like $25 a day?! I think I remember it having toe strap hooks on the floor. The only problem is it screams “broke dick” in the pits.
Junk. Not to mention I don’t think they have an enclosed trailer with a wheel chock

Pricing stuff out to safely haul this thing in the bed, I am honestly going to spend $400 on ramps and a good wheel chock. Rather spend the 2700 on a trailer considering I already have the TRS system.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Probably end up going with a 6x12 single axle, 1MEANGT 1MEANGT the max payload would be around 1800 lbs. Might be pushing it with 3 bikes

Wife was leaving to go run some errands and i told her i was going to be trailer shopping online the whole time she was gone, and she looked at me like I had 3 eyes. No other reaction. This is going perfectly according to plan

• Haha
Reactions: DEEZUZ

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Exploder can tow 5k i think, i considered an expl sport, but when you have 3 guys and all gear headed to the track it's not big enough. And the trailer would be >4k lbs at that point. Plus gen2 EB vs gen1 EB, and the 10sp, made it an easy choice

No ty. Truck ftw
Probably end up going with a 6x12 single axle, 1MEANGT 1MEANGT the max payload would be around 1800 lbs. Might be pushing it with 3 bikes

Wife was leaving to go run some errands and i told her i was going to be trailer shopping online the whole time she was gone, and she looked at me like I had 3 eyes. No other reaction. This is going perfectly according to plan

Either you need a bigger trailer than you're shopping for or you LIED TO ME IN AUGUST YOU SONBITCH

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Either you need a bigger trailer than you're shopping for or you LIED TO ME IN AUGUST YOU SONBITCH
Lol those numbers were based on towing a bigger tandem axle trailer, my friend Tony’s. He rarely goes to the track nowadays, and I don’t want to be mooching off of him all year, so I will get my own 2 bike trailer. If I ever need to haul three bikes again, he would be one of them, so we would use his trailer

so Bricher is out of luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info