Sirius/XM How to get a better deal?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

Get an aftermarket radio with CarPlay.

My old Jetta GLI had wired CarPlay, it was glitchy and would only connect about 85% of the time.

GTI has wireless CarPlay and it works 98% of the time, it's fantastic.
Yeah, starting about $400 it's not worth it to me to upgrade the stock nav unit.

Reactions: blue-sun

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
After this year's Tour, I'm seriously considering shitcanning Sirius, even though I pay like 6 bucks a month. All the stations are just the same 10 songs every hour.
My truck has a nice feature that I wish my car did. On the steering wheel there are two buttons for going up/down through the presets, which there are six pages of, and can be mixed AM/FM/XM. It has a third button which will go to the next station on whichever band you're in. So if I'm on XM 2, I can tap it to go to 3, 4, 5, etc. On the long drives to my dad's I'll usually start at the bottom and work my way up I hit the kids/sports stations, then start over.

Might seem lazy, but a lot easier than reaching across the dash to get to the knob on the radio. I wish the car would allow mixed band presets and the channel button.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
My truck has a nice feature that I wish my car did. On the steering wheel there are two buttons for going up/down through the presets, which there are six pages of, and can be mixed AM/FM/XM. It has a third button which will go to the next station on whichever band you're in. So if I'm on XM 2, I can tap it to go to 3, 4, 5, etc. On the long drives to my dad's I'll usually start at the bottom and work my way up I hit the kids/sports stations, then start over.

Might seem lazy, but a lot easier than reaching across the dash to get to the knob on the radio. I wish the car would allow mixed band presets and the channel button.
First world problems.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Adam Sandler Head Nod GIF

All in the name of safety so I can keep my hands at 9-3/10-2.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Wired carplay glitchy? Man either VWs suck, or you have terrible luck with cars. :rofl:

Canned Sirius a couple years ago after I basically told my wife no more. You really arent missing out if you do cancel.

When I had the GLI, I would get in, put phone in cupholder and plug it in. In theory, it would connect to CarPlay immediately, but in reality, it would not always connect.

Bluetooth would work 100% of the time for streaming the audio from phone to car, but the actual head unit CarPlay screen would not always turn on. Not sure if it was an Apple issue or a VW issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info