Sirius/XM How to get a better deal?

Unitsn4

Reaction score
So one of our cars has Sirius and it expired today...the other (XM) will be expiring in couple of months. I looked into getting the select package as we only really listen to maybe 3 stations at most, but the traffic is a nice feature.

Anyway, best price I was given per year was just over $400 for both cars. Definitely doesn't seem worth it at all. If I could get Iheartradio in my car, the only thing I'd be missing is traffic, but not possible without going through my phone.

Just curious what you guys are paying.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Tell em you won't renew cause price

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Hold off and they will send you offers via email and standard mail.
Usually within a month of it being shut off.
Offer should be like $30 for 6 months. I have been doing that for a few years.
Pay by check, otherwise if you give a debt card or credit card they will charge you full amount after 6 months.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
Call in and cancel the subscription. They will offer you a better price. They offered me 6 months for $40. They will also mail you some good offers if you can hold off.

Be ready for a 30 min phone when you call XM..

I actually just called in and cancelled on Tuesday.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Hold off and they will send you offers via email and standard mail.
Usually within a month of it being shut off.
Offer should be like $30 for 6 months. I have been doing that for a few years.
Pay by check, otherwise if you give a debt card or credit card they will charge you full amount after 6 months.
:werd:

Got the 3 free months when I bought my Raptor. I've gotten at least 2 or 3 mailings from them a month about renewing before my free trial ends.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
What car is this for?

There is an Iheartradio app that streams music live you can play from your phone.

If it is the Chevy SS, I'd imagine your car has bluetooth and it would be so simple and free also.

radioguy6

Reaction score
I've been a subscriber for 12 years, and renewal time is a game. Just like with ISPs, you have to call and threaten cancellation, then the deals suddenly appear. I'm currently paying $29 for 6 months.

OP
Unitsn4

Unitsn4

Reaction score
It's for the SS which still has a few moths of trial left. My wife's Explorer expired today. $30 for 6 mo's is great, but after 6 months it goes up to about $37 for 1 car per month after taxes. I'll give that a try if nothing else and see what happens after that 6 months is up.

I don't want to use my phone to stream Iheartradio, otherwise that would work out fine for me.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
As above, call and tell them you're cancelling because it's too expensive. They will offer you something along the lines of $99 for 1yr (roughly $8/mo) say no, too expensive, is there anything cheaper? I hear you have a $30 6 month promo. They will give you that. $5/mo been doing it past 3 years.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
also tell them your work commute is not that long anymore, and you spend more time out of the car. see if they throw in a free remote recever/radio. [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION]

dpwalsh14

Reaction score
This is from 2016 but the process is still the same.

How To Get The Best Deal on Sirius XM

How To Get The Best Sirius XM Deal:
STEP ONE: Dial and call 1-888-601-6302, then ask to be transferred the Sirius XM’s retention department.

STEP TWO: Tell the CSR: “My service is ending soon and is increasing in price as soon and I feel like I’m not utilizing the service enough to match the price that I am paying each month”

STEP THREE: After agreeing to keep the service, listen to offers but do not accept the first offers. The current three offers: The first offer is $99 for 12 months plus taxes/fees which is the equivalent to $8.25/month, then $49.97 for 6 months which is $7.99/month, and finally the CSR offers 5 months of service for a price of $25 plus taxes and fees. CSR will offer it separately, so you must be patient and wait for the best deal.

STEP FOUR: The agent read some terms and conditions along with some disclosures, then simply accept the best offer and enjoy your discounted, money saving Sirius XM subscription!

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I pay I think 20 bucks a month. Need to really change that.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I was on a great intro deal for the first year then forgot it was changing and now here we are :rofl:

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
i was considering getting XM again for caliber & wifes SS
but not for $400.. nope.

FM radio will do just fine.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
I have the system in the car but never activated it. I really want to but it's a bit rich for my blood.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
How much longer you in AZ? I need to make it down there this year.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
Through the rest of the year. I'm in Chicago quite often though.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
It’s sort of a pain in the ass but I used to get it for 25 for 5 months you have to remember to call every 5 months or they start charging you like 25 a month

OP
Unitsn4

Unitsn4

Reaction score
My buddy got a lifelong membership when they were a new company. He paid what I thought was a crazy amount back then...like just under $400. They've recently amended their policies and have been charging him taxes and other minor fees. I almost went with the deal when he did, but was worried they'd go down the same road as Voom for those of you that have heard of it.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I never tried negotiating in all the years. Right now I'm on the trial period with the newer car. When it's over, I can just say that I don't want to pay because of the price. I normally just stream from my phone anyway.

CuzzinOlaf

Hero of the stupid!!
Reaction score
I have three radios and pay less than $100 a year each. I just call and tell them if they don't get my price below $100 I'm not renewing and it works every time. I do mention Spotify at least once during the call LOL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom