Selling stuff on Facebook.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Sunday, around 7. I just got home in Elgin from the WeGo house, WITH the van as I needed it for something. I get emails and a text from someone about the van who lives in WeGo and wants to come see it right now! I respond that I actually just parked it at my house in Elgin, but Wife and kids are waiting on me for dinner. So it's not happening tonight. Maybe some time this week.

Haven't heard from them since.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I just threw out an extra set of head studs that I had for a World Products SBF block. I had so many diesel truck bros messaging me to ask if they would work for a cummins, powerstroke, duramax, or whatever they had. Are people really that stupid? I listed the part number and application clearly in the description.

• Haha
Reactions: Jon01 and CMNTMXR57

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
I just threw out an extra set of head studs that I had for a World Products SBF block. I had so many diesel truck bros messaging me to ask if they would work for a cummins, powerstroke, duramax, or whatever they had. Are people really that stupid? I listed the part number and application clearly in the description.
i just answer. "yes" to any stupid question.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Had someone offer me $1 less than asking price. Looked like a fake profile from India. Fuck those guys trying to get a deal.

Next guy Says he wants it and asks me when him available. I give him my address and tell him this afternoon. Next thing I know he says he will be there in 20 min. Fuck man its 8:00AM and I am at menards now I gotta rush home? At least I made the sale.

Reactions: Jon01

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I sold a set of g8 headers to a dude with a Sierra. He was convinced since it was an Ls they’d fit. I just said “good luck”

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
They're two giant oak entertainment center towers. Not heavy but definitely unwieldly. We have them up for free, told Megan to add in "we'll deliver for $50" and that has luckily kept all the mouthbreathers away. This chick messages her she'll pay us $75 to deliver.

Whatever fuck it. Whoever gets it gets it. If I make $75 because the 1oclock person doesn't show up, fuck it.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
They're two giant oak entertainment center towers. Not heavy but definitely unwieldly. We have them up for free, told Megan to add in "we'll deliver for $50" and that has luckily kept all the mouthbreathers away. This chick messages her she'll pay us $75 to deliver.

Whatever fuck it. Whoever gets it gets it. If I make $75 because the 1oclock person doesn't show up, fuck it.
With the luck I've had, that that money would need to be in my PayPal account before I even lifted a finger, let alone loaded that sucker and driven somewhere. If I were to agree to deliver this Buick V8 prior to payment, I would for sure be sent to a fake address. :ROFLMAO:

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
With the luck I've had, that that money would need to be in my PayPal account before I even lifted a finger, let alone loaded that sucker and driven somewhere. If I were to agree to deliver this Buick V8 prior to payment, I would for sure be sent to a fake address. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah Megan said "we'll get there and she'll play the pity party 'i only have $25'"

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
When I've sold bigger items that are $200+, I always offer to deliver if they pay full asking price, within 20 miles or so. Its so much easier than having to wait around for someone to flake out or show up over an hour late. It works even better if I can get PayPal up front and just drop it in their driveway or on their porch and drive away.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Yep, she told me she believes this person is an elderly woman. So of course now that variable got brought up.
Dude paid me an extra $20 for gas and full price for the desk. Said nobody even calls him back on cl so was happy to just make a deal of any sort. I wasn’t going to budge on price that’s for sure.

justbob

Just a grandpa car with a vacuum leak.
Jan 23, 2010
Behind that famous burrito joint
Real Name
Bob
Replying to 12:10am texts before 5am ftw.

Fuck you guy.

View attachment 69999

Yep, this is me almost 90% of the time. And I love it. [emoji16]

Call me old if you want but I remember a time when you didn’t dare call a household after 9ish.

justbob

Just a grandpa car with a vacuum leak.
Jan 23, 2010
Behind that famous burrito joint
Real Name
Bob
As for the low ballers I try to reasonably negotiate but most don’t understand.

For sale $400

Them - $150

Me - $650

Them - But it was only $400????

Me - You went down, I went up. Wanna start over?

At that point 20% laugh and say “that’s good”! 30% get mad and ghost, maybe 30% actually come back at a higher price, and lastly the remainders... The light bulb never lit and they forever don’t understand.

My fav is “best price”

Easy answer - Full. I mean they must be asking the best price for me right? Seriously, I can’t sell AND buy my own shit...

Back in the day the tradin times would come out every Thursday morning and you had that thin window to jump on shit. You would call and talk to a person, drive as fast as you can to their house, and make a legitimate offer in person. You sure as fuck wouldn’t normally low ball face to face especially knowing your next opportunity is next weeks tradin times! Too many low hanging nut swinging keyboard warrior scumbags buying shit online has changed selling stuff forever and it’s a shame.

I truly miss the harder ways of the past sometimes...

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
When someone asks what my "Best Price" or "Bottom dollar"

I tell them "what I posted it for..."
Some things I just give a slightly lower number and people are like “ok” and then buy it. Or they just never respond. I think people just suck at negotiations and just want a “deal” compared to asking price. At this point I’d rather sell shit than teach “lessons”

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
?

Screenshot_20201024-110313.jpeg
Screenshot_20201024-110335.jpeg

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
:rofl: I mean everyone wants everything for free, ideally
Lol this is usually my response when the price is "make an offer". Just post a fucking dollar amount. You already know what you want for it.

On the flip side the seller could always say they want one BILLION dollarzz because that would be ideal for them.

Thread Info