Selling stuff on Facebook.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I mean I get it. A lowball over messenger is worth a shot. But fuck most of the offers I get are at least 50% off of what I am asking. I usually try to be very fair with my pricing so my shit does not sit around. I have been responding to low balls with "Any reason you would offer me that much less than asking without seeing it?" They usually go MIA or give me a stupid answer that is good for entertainment.
lol I'd love to know what their answers would be. I usually write them off before I can even get that far.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Yeah, right. Lol

Screenshot_20201013-074610.jpeg

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Fucking unbelievable. Your distance to get to me, the logistics for you to get the vehicle/part/furniture/etc, isn't my fucking concern...

A guy tried that with the Catalina a few weeks ago. He offered 40% my asking price... Well, I am coming from Lombard... Ok, dude, that's not that far... Well, I need to rent a truck and trailer to tow it. THAT ISN'T MY FUCKING PROBLEM!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
had a guy send me an email monday night about my truck:

Call630xxxxxxx tom

that's legit all it said.

aight. so i call it yesterday after work, dude's like surprised to hear from me. who is this? why are you calling?

then it was like he doesn't even know what the fuck he looked at.

what engine does it have? 6.2 is that diesel? what? really? well i thought that was the diesel one. no it's gas. what are you asking for again? blah blah (asked this at least 5 times)

send me the vin the vins in the ad but ok dude. OK Ill call you back after i look at the vin (look at the vin?)

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I respond back with a picture of my nutsack to those.

The Google code verification I believe is a way for them to gain access to your information or your Google account

This. I got that when I first listed one of the cars. Guy wanted to send me a code. I didn't answer because I was like "WTF!" Then about an hour later he texted back asking if I got a code, to which I responded NO, I don't know WTF you're talking about... If you want said vehicle come with cash! I never heard back.

Then I looked it up, and exactly as above.

Thread Info