• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

SCT users - enter please

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
im bringing this thread back, so im thinking about tuning my excursion and i notice the same sct hand held works for both my mustang and the excursion, can they unlock it so you can tune both cars or will they make me buy a new hand held just to have the truck tuned?

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
im bringing this thread back, so im thinking about tuning my excursion and i notice the same sct hand held works for both my mustang and the excursion, can they unlock it so you can tune both cars or will they make me buy a new hand held just to have the truck tuned?

You have to buy two, no way around it unless u return one vehicle to stock before you use it on the next.

Yes the flash tuning device can be unlocked so that it can tune another vehicle; but there will be a fee involved. Also, once it is unlocked from vehicle 1 and you tune vehicle 2 with it, you cannot go back and modify vehicle 1's tune or tunefile settings without having the flash tuner unlocked again, or returned to stock. So, while the answer is technically "yes for a fee", it usually ends up being cost prohibitive enough where it becomes to a good idea to just buy another unit.

You can find used unlocked Xcal 2 units for less than $200 anyways if you look around. Used Xcal3 units aren't much more.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info