Question for the SxS guys in here, need a recommendation for a rental

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Going to be going to South Dakota in a few weeks and thinking about renting a SxS when im out there... Looking in the Black Hillas area there are a ton of rental places and now I just need to decide what model is the best bang for the buck out there.....

It's going to be myself, my brother, and his wife out there so we would need a 4 seater, other than that I'm seeing the following stuff available:

Kawasaki Teryx 4
Honda Talon 1000 X4
Polaris General 1000
Polaris RZR XP 1000 4 seater
Polaris Pro Turbo RZR 4 seater

Is it worth the extra $100 for the rental to go with a turbo RZR?

Should I just go with a more generic General model, or would the RZR be more fun and worth the extra bump in money to pay?

Not going to get too crazy with them, just go out on trails for the day.... Not sure what model might best fit my needs....

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated!

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
You're gunna have a riot on any of those but with 4 people, suspension is going to have way more effect than turbo/non turbo.

I'd personally look at nothing except the RZRs. Is the extra $100 per day or is that total? If it's $100 extra for the whole trip, absolutely the Turbo.

Well we're only going to be out for the day on them, then go see other shit the other days.... So it's $400 for the day regular RZR, $500 for the day Turbo RZR

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
"generic general"

giphy.gif

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
wait. how much gear/stuff will you have with you

i said this because if you have much stuff with you guys unless the RZRs have some solid racks or something, you won't be able to carry much gear.

we had guns, backpacks, cooler, etc, in the bed of my general while we were outwest last summer.

1599236414799.png

• Love
Reactions: FESTER665

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Let me also add that I am not small by any means, so are the other models roomier for three adults?

general would likely be the biggest inside. the rzrs you sit closer together to the passenger than in the general. but youll fit fine. you might be rubbin' shoulders.

the talon i haven't sat in looks sweet though

the kawasaki i haven't sat in either.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
It all depends on how much you are going to rip it speed wise. If you have no intentions of going balls to the wall, then just get the RZR 1000. If you want to rip it hard and carry a lot of speed, then get the turbo. Just be smart about it if you get the turbo. They build speed quick and can get you into a lot of trouble fast if you are not careful.

Reactions: FESTER665
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info