Question for the SxS guys in here, need a recommendation for a rental

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
if it's a legit pro turbo it's a fucking sick brand new rig... he didn't get that specific one but a different turbo. what tie down points are in here is what you'll be working with

Heres the description:
4-Seater PRO Turbo Razor
Custer, SD
From $325 • 4 or 8 hours

1599245105388.png

Join us for a Day of Fun!
Rates
PRO Turbo Razor Half Day (4 hours) - $325
PRO Turbo Razor Full Day (8 hours) - $500
About
Take off-road performance to the next level! This is the most agile, most capable and most versatile RZR ever. The perfect blend of performance, design and strength in action. Take on the off-roading trails with this 22” of usable suspension travel and DYNAMIX active suspension. Feel the security of the driver-centric cockpit with 2” lower seating, bolstered bucket seats with 4-point harnesses. This Pro Chassis can carve tight terrain and overcome large obstacles with confidence. You will know what the best in class performance feels like the second you turn the key. Registered and Licensed Vehicle. Also comes with the Trail Permit.
  • All of our ATVs are fully licensed
  • ATV rentals include passes to Mt. Rushmore, Custer State Park, Sylvan Lake, and more.
  • ATVs are street and highway legal
  • All we ask is that you are safe, on time, and have a blast!
What to Bring
  • All drivers must present a valid driver's license upon arrival.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
From the FAQ...

What vehicles are in your fleet?

Each year we run the newest model of machines. In our 2020 season we will be carrying – 2 seat models: RZR 1000 XP and the RZR XP Pro, 4-seat models: RZR 1000 XP, RZR XP Pro and The General, 6- seat models: Ranger 1000 XP. We will also be carrying slingshots- those models include the Slingshot GT and the Slingshot SL.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
jesus.

what the fuck is their insurance policy like goddamn.

what's the deposit?

Not seeing a deposit? I paid for the rental with my credit card and its simply a charge for $570 (taxes and crap added on)

Heres the rental place:

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Not seeing a deposit? I paid for the rental with my credit card and its simply a charge for $570 (taxes and crap added on)

Heres the rental place:
This is the same company I rented from at the Badlands. I made sure to get the wheel and tire insurance as well as the overall insurance and limit any damages to something like $1000. All in for both of those add-ons was less than 100 bucks, well worth it imo. They aren’t cheap if you crash

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
This is the same company I rented from at the Badlands. I made sure to get the wheel and tire insurance as well as the overall insurance and limit any damages to something like $1000. All in for both of those add-ons was less than 100 bucks, well worth it imo. They aren’t cheap if you crash

I will definitely look into adding it as well. (y)

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I will definitely look into adding it as well. (y)
I want to say it was something like $75 for both, 20 for the wheels and tires in another 50ish for the overall protection. I forget what your liability is if you don’t get the insurance and crash, but I’m sure it’s high

taws697

Addict
TCG Premium
Sep 11, 2015
West Chicago, IL
Real Name
Wes
Holy shit, I’m jealous. You are going to have a fucking blast. Mine is a basic XP Turbo which makes 168hp. It pins you in the seat and blows the tires off on asphalt. The Pro XP you rented makes mine look like a pile of shit. It’s literally superior in every way. Plus it has a bigger terbah

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
You will have fun in whatever. The Black Hills Area is awesome Just make sure you actually get into the National Forest where you can't easily take a car. I see far too many people just circling Wildlife loop Road in Custer State Park and driving Needles Highway in Side by sides. If you need any recommendations I know people who have explored those roads for their entire lives.

• Love
Reactions: FESTER665

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
You will have fun in whatever. The Black Hills Area is awesome Just make sure you actually get into the National Forest where you can't easily take a car. I see far too many people just circling Wildlife loop Road in Custer State Park and driving Needles Highway in Side by sides. If you need any recommendations I know people who have explored those roads for their entire lives.

Please do make any/all recommendations you can!

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
That goes for anyone who has been out there before, would love to get out and see a ton of shit while im there that is more off the beaten path....

Think after seeing you can shoot pretty much anywhere in the Black Hills I'll bring my G44 out as well so my brother and sister in law can try shooting for the first time ever. :bowrofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
That goes for anyone who has been out there before, would love to get out and see a ton of shit while im there that is more off the beaten path....

Think after seeing you can shoot pretty much anywhere in the Black Hills I'll bring my G44 out as well so my brother and sister in law can try shooting for the first time ever. :bowrofl:

i only towed through that area en route to montana/wyoming so i dont know it well.

grab a map and go for it. also polaris has an app for offroad trails and i used it a lot out west last year and it seemed to be pretty dead nuts on out there where i was

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
i only towed through that area en route to montana/wyoming so i dont know it well.

grab a map and go for it. also polaris has an app for offroad trails and i used it a lot out west last year and it seemed to be pretty dead nuts on out there where i was

The place Im renting it from has a tablet attached to the unit that supposedly has all the trails and whatnot for it...

I guess theres an app called Avenza that shows everything?

They got snow yesterday but it looks like itll be mid 80's when Im there so that should be good.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The place Im renting it from has a tablet attached to the unit that supposedly has all the trails and whatnot for it...

I guess theres an app called Avenza that shows everything?

They got snow yesterday but it looks like itll be mid 80's when Im there so that should be good.

well shoot

then you're even better.

but yeah you could download the polaris app right now too and look around out where you'll be

dude if they get snow when you're there or it's 80s, you'll be good. bring all the gear/clothes you can. the weather out there is hilarious.

Reactions: FESTER665

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
The Polaris App does not show much of anything as far as "trails" around Custer. But you will be plenty happy riding the forest roads. Can always pickup a forest road map, although I am told the "good roads" have been off the maps for decades. Just remember if you come to a cow gate in the road open it and drive through, then close it again. Also stay off private property.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info