PWC & Ho's general PWC discussion thread

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
With a PWC you can shift around your body weight to turn better and launch yourself off wakes etc. I think the characteristics of a jet pump makes for better acceleration. Not to mention the lower weight helps them plane quicker. I've raced plenty of gofast powerboats in my junk 75hp ski and I can always out accelerate them to 40-45mph. Then a few seconds later they pass you by like your standing still.

For me, jet ski = cheap fun

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I love my waverunners. They are like summer snowmobiles. I love going out for a BRAAAP early in the morning or after work when traffic is low. I will say however I couldnt ride one all day or have it as my only watercraft. Also I wouldnt use them nearly enough if they were not already in the water and ready.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
This is my 94 Waveraider. Bought it years ago from my dads friend. It was sitting in a semi trailet behind his shop for years and years unused so it's pretty minty for its age. Had the carbs rebuilt. Runs awesome, not a single issue with it. Took it miles offshore Lake Michigan not giving a single fuck. It now sits at home on my floating lift on the Fox River. I got a new larger waverunner for Lake Michigan. This was downright sketchy with two people on it.

a541e3f41b0008fd635169b9ab0dcf9c.jpg

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
This is my 94 Waveraider. Bought it years ago from my dads friend. It was sitting in a semi trailet behind his shop for years and years unused so it's pretty minty for its age. Had the carbs rebuilt. Runs awesome, not a single issue with it. Took it miles offshore Lake Michigan not giving a single fuck. It now sits at home on my floating lift on the Fox River. I got a new larger waverunner for Lake Michigan. This was downright sketchy with two people on it.

a541e3f41b0008fd635169b9ab0dcf9c.jpg
Lol if that things tippy imagine a waveblasters. That's a shortened version of your ski

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Lol if that things tippy imagine a waveblasters. That's a shortened version of your ski

Dude I shit u not. Chicks asked me all the time to ride the thing, and I kept telling them it isnt for two people. I didnt want them taking it out on the big lake by themselves with the waves and weekend traffic. Told this one chick you might fall off so if you don't mind getting wet I will give you a ride. She jumps on the thing with all her weight on one side. THe waverunner flipped right the fuck over and we both fell in the water. :rofl:

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
So I'm still on the market to buy a Spark. I've decided I want to get one with iBR (Intelligent Brakes & Reverse) mainly because it has all the necessary hardware for variable trim. There's still a few dealers that have leftover new 2015 units in stock that they are willing to take a few hundred off.

Anyone have good experience with any particular Sea Doo dealers? I went to RJ's in West Chicago earlier. He's local and I've bought some stuff from him in the past. He also charges a $399 dealer cost plus $40 for title which I think is pretty fair.

Another place called "Action Motorsports" in Waukesha wants to charge $640 +$40 reg :eek3:

Then there is also Jim Potts in Woodstock that claims he'll beat anybody's price OTD by $300. You have to bring in a quote/sale order physically into his store and then I guess its till up to his digression.

Damn f me... that $4999 starting price turns into $7500 REALLY fast! :picard:

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
So I'm still on the market to buy a Spark. I've decided I want to get one with iBR (Intelligent Brakes & Reverse) mainly because it has all the necessary hardware for variable trim. There's still a few dealers that have leftover new 2015 units in stock that they are willing to take a few hundred off.

Anyone have good experience with any particular Sea Doo dealers? I went to RJ's in West Chicago earlier. He's local and I've bought some stuff from him in the past. He also charges a $399 dealer cost plus $40 for title which I think is pretty fair.

Another place called "Action Motorsports" in Waukesha wants to charge $640 +$40 reg :eek3:

Then there is also Jim Potts in Woodstock that claims he'll beat anybody's price OTD by $300. You have to bring in a quote/sale order physically into his store and then I guess its till up to his digression.

Damn f me... that $4999 starting price turns into $7500 REALLY fast! :picard:

and you're so much better off just buying what you want instead of trying to be cheap and wishing you'd have spent the money.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info