Property Taxes - How much do you pay annually?

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
You can totally say it, but what's keeping you here?

Oh I thought you were being rhetorical. My wife and her proximity to her family, I like my job, and I just bought a house that I like too. A lot of me wants to pick up and head back home to where I grew up, but it seems staying here and trying to help fix things isn't so bad. I mean, even though so much is fucked up about IL, life relative to a lot of the world isn't so bad. But it does seem to rock some obnoxious down sides.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
where'd you grow up?

Few things keep me...

1. I wouldn't move to Indiana. Nothing against Indiana, just nothing appealing about it for me personally, and it'd be too much of a haul "back here"
2. If I moved to Wisco, they "get you" there on income taxes... so it all works out.
3. I love the chain and boating on it.
4. I couldn't make as much money elsewhere.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
nope your paying the owners property taxes and then some :rofl:

yet it still makes WAY more sense to rent, I would keep doing what your doing.

I dont really have any plan to change it up. Thought about buying in the Spring but then realized I have no gf, no kids, a job that doesnt require me to have an office....so why lock myself down right now.

But this isnt a thread about that. Carry on.

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
Seriously, you are for real?

I've never had a gun to my head. Im sure that is scary though.. I don't equate paying for services to having a gun to my head.

Secondly like I said somewhere else, move.

Try not paying your property taxes.

Someone with a gun will come to your door and demand payment, otherwise they will put it to your head to arrest you if you don't comply.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Try not paying your property taxes.

Someone with a gun will come to your door and demand payment, otherwise they will put it to your head to arrest you if you don't comply.

Yeah, I'll get evicted by the sheriff and rightfully so. I didn't pay to live there.

I can all but guarantee you I won't be removed with a gun to my head. I've see this happen down the street. They removed them by force, but guns were absolutely not used.

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
okay, better one then :rofl:

ZOMG SOMEONE GOT INTO A CAR ACCIDENT AND THE CAR IS ON FIRE AND THE DRIVER IS TRAPPED

run his plates, see if he paid towards fire coverage !!! OTHERWISE LEAVE THE PUMPER IN THE STABLE

That's how hospitals worked until 1986.

Congress passed EMTALA to eliminate the practice of "patient dumping," i.e., refusal to treat people because of inability to pay or insufficient insurance, or transferring or discharging emergency patients on the basis of high anticipated diagnosis and treatment costs. The law applies when an individual seeks treatment for a medical condition "or a request is made on the individual's behalf for examination or treatment for that medical condition."[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Medical_Treatment_and_Active_Labor_Act

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
Yeah, I'll get evicted by the sheriff and rightfully so. I didn't pay to live there.

I can all but guarantee you I won't be removed with a gun to my head. I've see this happen down the street. They removed them by force, but guns were absolutely not used.

Then you must accept you don't own your land or property then, since you are being forced to pay rent to the local govt.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info