Twelve years

Great Success Win GIF

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Picked up this Craftsman 24" 2 stage snow blower off of Facebook marketplace. I'm guessing it's about 15 years old, but looks like it was barely used. I bought it from a guy who has a small engine and lawn mower repair business out of his home garage. He said he knows the previous owners. Supposedly they only used the snowblower a couple of times and then it just sat for years in a garage.

The guy I bought it from cleaned it up and did some maintenance. Whatever he did, this is the easiest starting small engine I've ever had. I barely have to pull the cord and it starts up first pull every time.

IMG_20220912_172557943.jpg

I brought it back to my parents house for now because I didn't have anyone to help me unload it at my house. My dad of course did dad things and gave it a full inspection ?. He spotted a little surface rust and it needed new slide shoes, so he painted it with Rust-Oleum and installed new sliders.

He also changed the oil and put a new spark plug in it because he didn't trust that the guy who refurbished it changed the oil lol.

IMG_20220920_102027.jpg
IMG_20220920_102039.jpg

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I've got a Hero 9 Black after being convinced of the quality during last year's TCG Tour. Of course, they released the 10 about a month after I got my 9.

They just released the 11 within the last month. I would have gotten that but the pro shop there gave me a 20% off after I asked if they price matched the GoPro website. Little did I know it was less there IF you signed up for a 1 year cloud subscription. I don't need that. But he gave me the discount and said I either do this and let it go to a good home, or we eventually send these back if they don't sell for the 11 which will sit also.
We did a quick setup on it and the video quality on the 10 is amazing.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
They just released the 11 within the last month. I would have gotten that but the pro shop there gave me a 20% off after I asked if they price matched the GoPro website. Little did I know it was less there IF you signed up for a 1 year cloud subscription. I don't need that. But he gave me the discount and said I either do this and let it go to a good home, or we eventually send these back if they don't sell for the 11 which will sit also.
We did a quick setup on it and the video quality on the 10 is amazing.
Yeah I got mine through Costco, so it came with an extra battery and some other accessories. GoPro then did a fire sale on the dual charger, and that came with two batteries as well. I have noticed that I don't use 4K recording that often though, mostly 1080p60. Reason I wanted the 10 is for the 4K120.

In case you didn't know, if you upload your videos to YouTube and they're 1080p, it doesn't matter what the original bit rate is , youtube will absolutely murder the quality. If you upload in 4K they're look much better, but it will take hours, if not days to process the higher-res versions.

The GoPro QWIK app also sucks. Mobile only, no desktop/laptop version any more. As soon as you edit the file the app will murder the quality as well.

Last thing to know... if you take a long video the camera will split it into 4GB chunks. There is nothing you can do about it. GoPro's reasoning is that if something were to happen to the camera or card while recording you'll only lose the last few minutes, instead of the whole video. So you'll need a way to concatenate the videos back together, which their app won't do.

I picked up a piece of software called Telemetry Overlay (before its price shot up). It lets me do all sorts of crazy stuff in the way of maps and gauges (which use the data the Go Pro sensors record). It will even concatenate multiple files back together into a single output, and spread the sensor data across the whole output. Condition is that you have to use the original files directly from the microSD card. If the files have been opened/saved in any way the sensor data gets stripped out.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
A few years ago I bought a shitty Chinese smart switch for my kitchen light that finally took a shit. So I replaced it with this shitty Chinese smart switch, but it was cheap AF! Only $17.99

View attachment 131239
Thats expensive for garbage that can burn your house down

Thread Info