• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Ported blower install.... need help

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
its a 74" and 3/8" belt

its cool i gotta go to bed soon anyways cause im waking up at 230 am for work

What about bearings???? any chance it could be that? i dont really know how to read that marker thats why i posted the pic

The tensioner is sitting far right which means the belt is too tight. The sound is coming from the bearings because there is too much load on the pullies. If you are running to much tension on the stock pulleys they will get overloaded and basically exploded or seize. My suggestion is to order a whole new idler kit to get rid of all the stock pulleys and figure out what size pulley you are going to run. Once you have that info head to this link and reference your combo to get you in the ballpark for belt size. I would then by 5 belts, the one recommended and then 2 above and 2 below. Figure out which one works best and return the other 4.

Belt Guide

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info