🔧 BUILD PJ’s bad idea - notch edition

General Information

Figured I might as will document this train wreck. I bought this car a long time ago as an unfinished project and parted it out. Sold the caged shell to a buddy who needed a replacement. He ended up getting out of racing and it sat for a few years. Well he made me an offer I couldn’t refuse… so it’s back

Intentions are to fix some things I don’t like, finish some things and make it a nice complete roller. At that point I will see if I can sell it quick for a little profit, otherwise I have an LS and th400 to put in it for the spring

Some details:
- Certified 25.3 chromoly cage (good for 6.50 in the 1/4 at 3600#)
- fiberglass front clip, doors, trunk
- TeamZ front suspension
- Strange brakes

IMG_8550.jpg

IMG_8650.jpg

IMG_8369.jpg

PJx5x

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2005
Villa Park
What will your car cert to as is?
It was certed 6.0/6.50 before I cut out the front of the halo. Now best I can get is 8.50 I think

pardon the welding newb question, but on the tig handle is that a 'trigger?'
I have been watching KSR's youtube channel and he uses a foot pedal to work the tig. Just wondering if the attachment that is zip tied is the same type of control.
Trigger switch. Welder has a plug you can switch between that and a pedal. Pedal you can modulate the amps like a gas pedal. Trigger is just an on/off. Much easier to use in weird positions but you need the amp settings right cause you can’t change it on the fly

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

PJx5x

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2005
Villa Park
I got some new wheel centers for super cheap in a trade. New on the left, will match the front wheels more better

IMG_6544.jpeg

Had my dad over for Easter so we could tear the car apart lol. Finish welded everything on the front end and started filling holes on the firewall and cowl

IMG_6560.jpeg

During that I mounted the front suspension limiters and a shock travel sensor on the driver side

IMG_6557.jpeg

I also added the lower support for the oil/trans coolers

IMG_6509.jpeg

And revision 3 of the bolt in anti roll bar fits, and is as high as it can go. Everything tacked in to check, just need to take it apart and weld it (after I make an aluminum puck to replace the bearing in the bore when I weld it)

IMG_6610.jpeg

IMG_6616.jpeg

PJx5x

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2005
Villa Park
PJ are you going to paint or powdercoat?

What class did you enter in Sick Summer? 5.3/single turbo right?

I think if you have the drive line in it say in 4 weeks you'd have a realistic shot of being ready for Sick Summer. I'm guessing you want to wire it yourself?
Paint. Gonna puncture 3 rattle cans and throw them under the car, inside the cab and in the engine bay like a grenade

235 class

6.0 single turbo

Boostie Boostie is gonna wire it. I’d ask Terminator-Fux Terminator-Fux but he’d want to use wire nuts

Terminator-Fux

Everybody Wants Some!
Dec 27, 2009
Lies, I don't use wire nuts. But if I were doing the wiring it won't ever get done.
Paint. Gonna puncture 3 rattle cans and throw them under the car, inside the cab and in the engine bay like a grenade

235 class

6.0 single turbo

Boostie Boostie is gonna wire it. I’d ask Terminator-Fux Terminator-Fux but he’d want to use wire nuts

• Yikes
Reactions: PJx5x

Thread Info