Gaming Pinball and Arcade Discussion

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I’m starting to get addicted to a new hobby and I just officially jumped in today. Picked this bad boy up and brought it home. Packing it, driving it, and setting it up was extremely stressful.

Second pinball has already been ordered. Anybody else into this hobby?

34F119A5-AF28-46A7-86F9-1629E927BDF8.jpeg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I’m starting to get addicted to a new hobby and I just officially jumped in today. Picked this bad boy up and brought it home. Packing it, driving it, and setting it up was extremely stressful.

Second pinball has already been ordered. Anybody else into this hobby?

View attachment 118379
Yes, I love pinball. However I can’t justify the price as I don’t think I’d play it as much as I want to.

Reactions: The Beast and Turk

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I used to play the shit out of a simpsons pinball party machine when I worked at Cir. Would have to be the right one but I probably would play for faaaar too long if I got one.

Edit: found it
That game is very desirable. I think they go for around 10k.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
When my basement is done I want to do a few arcade machines. I've looked into building an arcade cabinet as well, and then running RetroPi so it can emulate whatever I want.
My brother did that in his bar area. He bought a stand up arcade size machine that has 100’s of games. He also has a pool table, full size electronic dartboard and one of those bar top machines that has a bunch of games on it.

Reactions: b00sted

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Damnit Turk Turk now I'm gonna have to buy one. And my kids want a foosball table. Time to set up the game room! [emoji23][emoji23]

I have a fooseball table, air hockey table, pool table and a theatre room it’s cool and fun at the beginning and nice when people come over and party but other than that most don’t get used up. Things have changed it’s hard to beat the tech on a Xbox or ps5 playing live and most teenagers and kids are either stuck to a tablet or on a phone watching tictok or Facebook. I have been offered a arcade or pinball machine in the past but I can’t see it being used more than the pool table set up by the bar for the adults to play. They are awesome though I remember spending hours and hours back in the day playing pin ball machines at a bowling alley. Congrats on the purchase I would love one but I can’t see my kids using it much after the first week.

Reactions: Shawn1112

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I have a Big Ben in my basement. I don't think it's worth much, but it works and I'll never sell it. I don't play it too often, but once in awhile. My grandparents bought it when they moved to town, and I grew up playing it.

Milhouse

Addict
Jan 5, 2017
Worked on them for 11 years.
So much fun and really cool to see the evolution of the electronics and mechanicals over the decades. From electro-mechanical to full digital.

If you start getting into older machines, take a look around on the playfields, back glass and on the circuit boards in the back cabinet. Some of the guys that built and engineered the games would leave little “easter eggs”. I’ve seen circuit boards that had “I really need a beer” or “Steve was here” on them.

Definitely a cool hobby if you have the room and knowledge (or money) to keep them up.

Now I’m gonna have to dig through my attic and find my box of playfield plastics. I know I have a full Medieval Madness, South Park and Simpson set. There’s a ton more in there too.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Worked on them for 11 years.
So much fun and really cool to see the evolution of the electronics and mechanicals over the decades. From electro-mechanical to full digital.

If you start getting into older machines, take a look around on the playfields, back glass and on the circuit boards in the back cabinet. Some of the guys that built and engineered the games would leave little “easter eggs”. I’ve seen circuit boards that had “I really need a beer” or “Steve was here” on them.

Definitely a cool hobby if you have the room and knowledge (or money) to keep them up.

Now I’m gonna have to dig through my attic and find my box of playfield plastics. I know I have a full Medieval Madness, South Park and Simpson set. There’s a ton more in there too.
Do you still work on them?

Reactions: Shawn1112
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info