🚘 Automotive Picked up a side gig

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Was contacted by a company that does inspections on vehicles for sale for customers. Customers are all over the world and request a second set of eyes and hands on the purchase before they buy. Sellers are private party, new car dealers, specialty dealers, RV’s, boats, etc…

I was asked if I wanted to help out when I had the time, so since I’m realtor here in Florida and have some down time at times I said sure why not. Been doing now for a few weeks.

here is one that I just finished up with.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

few cars that they have in inventory, thought I would share. They have a second location closer to me with more high dollar cars and more boutique custom cars.
7213AFEE-8650-4F9F-A383-2998D59F0817.jpeg

BEA2F8D3-5AB1-4322-99E1-92B8079A47D7.jpeg

D6E84C8B-EBE6-4A49-827F-CF80816357EE.jpeg

4A1D7A1A-C44E-41B7-9D08-D9B848C6CF63.jpeg

E68E2D1A-0317-4AF0-A329-13437E4DAB3A.jpeg

F02B79F3-100D-4EE3-8563-93C1C5A83F39.jpeg

56041F67-F5CD-4A7B-8556-E11BF6E4B676.jpeg

0CD38A2F-E0A6-4B98-8B62-F9A2555E2E4F.jpeg

C137B472-49E7-4EC4-91F9-18E545E2A257.jpeg

D58F4FE2-3853-4637-8752-1EA18DF4C16F.jpeg

71A2CE73-F82D-417C-AFF0-A461C971B646.jpeg

D39193CD-94A9-4C24-BF54-9F8A6049C030.jpeg

12DCA7AF-34D5-4DB1-BFD1-102839257751.jpeg

16AE53AB-6C82-4153-B2C4-C012637A406F.jpeg

7AE930D6-62A5-4945-B763-44BA7AC984FC.jpeg

5836BB67-64B9-4AD5-920A-81112B9F9BDD.jpeg

748C7AA1-3B76-4C89-AB46-4D7C6D2DF5F7.jpeg

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Cool! What’s your checklist like?
Check list is depending on what is being inspected. But overall a simple list to follow, basically checking to make sure everything is operating as it should inside and out, mechanically, paint condition, rust, tires, check engine lights etc… so basically I’m inspecting as if i was buying it or looking over for a friend.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Some nice stuff there, sounds like it might be a fun gig.

You able to post prices on some of those cars?
This was the place I was today, prices should be posted. They own and consign cars. I

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
im kinda surprised someone would spring for an inspection on something like that

It was a diamond white paint car and they really wanted me to look for paint issue or chipping. car was still in warranty with a price of 35k Not much some to but to others thats A good amount.

the inspections are cheap, all of the cars I inspect are for out of state / country buyers. Just gives them a piece of mind when buying sight unseen.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It was a diamond white paint car and they really wanted me to look for paint issue or chipping. car was still in warranty with a price of 35k Not much some to but to others thats A good amount.

the inspections are cheap, all of the cars I inspect are for out of state / country buyers. Just gives them a piece of mind when buying sight unseen.

how much are the inspections?

ive never paid for one with my out of state purchases :eek3:

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
how much are the inspections?

ive never paid for one with my out of state purchases :eek3:
$180-$250 on average depending on which one your order up.

Most car people which is about 2% understand cars and can get a good feel on the person selling it knowing what the issues will be and understand that it has a ding, or paint scuff / scratch, cloudy headlamps, etc…

For those who don’t know anything about a car and relying on private party pictures or dealership pictures to show the vehicle at its best, for some customers a used car should be as perfect as a new car no matter the year of it, they are expecting new tires, brakes, paint to be spotless, no wear etc… they don’t know any better.

that’s why they take on a inspection to give them a good feeling of their purchase.

had a guy a few weeks back with a 2001 4runner purchased it online at a new car dealer in Naperville, car was shipped down here and I did the inspection. Customer knew zero about cars but said he always wanted this body style 4Runner , it was clean for 20 years old and only 85k mileage. Outside had it issues but he was aware of that but wanted a second opinion which turned out great no issues.

for some it’s a second option, for many of us on the board we understand used cars and know the issues to look for, how to correct or improve etc…

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
$180-$250 on average depending on which one your order up.

Most car people which is about 2% understand cars and can get a good feel on the person selling it knowing what the issues will be and understand that it has a ding, or paint scuff / scratch, cloudy headlamps, etc…

For those who don’t know anything about a car and relying on private party pictures or dealership pictures to show the vehicle at its best, for some customers a used car should be as perfect as a new car no matter the year of it, they are expecting new tires, brakes, paint to be spotless, no wear etc… they don’t know any better.

that’s why they take on a inspection to give them a good feeling of their purchase.

had a guy a few weeks back with a 2001 4runner purchased it online at a new car dealer in Naperville, car was shipped down here and I did the inspection. Customer knew zero about cars but said he always wanted this body style 4Runner , it was clean for 20 years old and only 85k mileage. Outside had it issues but he was aware of that but wanted a second opinion which turned out great no issues.

for some it’s a second option, for many of us on the board we understand used cars and know the issues to look for, how to correct or improve etc…

i think ive just taken gambles in my cases and it's worked out :rofl:

my cclb truck was likely the biggest 'hiccup" but i bought it so right i didn't care.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Yeah, how does one get into this as a job/side gig? I love cars and would love to go look/inspect one. My eyes are from a former detailer, so paying attention to those finer details is right up my alley.
go here and sign up - https://lemonsquad.com/inspector-signup pay is per inspections, nice pocket money for doing something that you enjoy.

you will see a mix of car dealers, private parties, RV's and I have been seeing a few more mechanical inspections recently, where I verify the car is in the shop, torn down, issues, and documentation from the repair shop, mostly for extended warranty companies, I had one the other day on 392 challenger that ate up the cam / lifter due to MDS solenoid failure. Another was a 1500 GMC needing a front end rebuild kit lol, ball joints, stab links, tie rods etc... jsut went to make sure it was the car, all the doucs, took a few pics and off i went!

Reactions: blue-sun

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
go here and sign up - https://lemonsquad.com/inspector-signup pay is per inspections, nice pocket money for doing something that you enjoy.

you will see a mix of car dealers, private parties, RV's and I have been seeing a few more mechanical inspections recently, where I verify the car is in the shop, torn down, issues, and documentation from the repair shop, mostly for extended warranty companies, I had one the other day on 392 challenger that ate up the cam / lifter due to MDS solenoid failure. Another was a 1500 GMC needing a front end rebuild kit lol, ball joints, stab links, tie rods etc... jsut went to make sure it was the car, all the doucs, took a few pics and off i went!

Thanks, just filled out the form. If there's a referral bonus option available to you, LMK and I'll put in your name in.

Thread Info