OFFICIAL TCG fishin thread V.2018

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I've caught ~25 inch Northern from shore at that little damn at the corner of Arlington Heights and Lake Cook Rd...

Haven't had much luck down there in years. I was catching good largemouth and a striped bass or two out of there about 5-6 years ago, but after 2011 with the big freeze, there was a huge fish die off, and it hasn't been the same since. I do see people pulling little northern out of there all the time, I've just never got into one...I also stopped going there because the last 3 times I've gone, I've gotten ticks :fu:

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I didn't get out ice fishing a single time this year. Now just waiting for the spring time, I'll get the poo canoe out on the river as soon as I'm able.
[MENTION=111]OffshoreDrilling[/MENTION] I went to that Bass Pro thing, and by went I mean I went to buy ammo and had no idea it was going on Some deals were insane. I picked up a bunch of little shit for the tackle box.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Hit me up if you guys go, I'd be down to tag along
I end up going last minute most of the time. But Iā€™m always down if we want to actually set something up
Been reading reports of some big Northern out of the Des Plaines these days. In the past they've only hit the 20-25" area, with 30"+ being a rarity. But that seems to be changing. Problem is, at least around me, it's hard to find a good spot to fish from shore, and I haven't brought myself to put in my yak.

Where on the desplaines are you fishing at?

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
I end up going last minute most of the time. But Iā€™m always down if we want to actually set something up

Where on the desplaines are you fishing at?

Last minute is my style :rofl: just shoot me a text or PM when you're gearing up and based on where you're at I'd join ya.

The past few times [MENTION=13268]Kensington[/MENTION] and I set something up for Waukegan, it got cancelled :wtc:

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Last minute is my style :rofl: just shoot me a text or PM when you're gearing up and based on where you're at I'd join ya.

The past few times [MENTION=13268]Kensington[/MENTION] and I set something up for Waukegan, it got cancelled :wtc:

Dropped Pin
near Unnamed Road, Burr Ridge, IL 60527
https://goo.gl/maps/pMqfSoRZzdT2

I stop here on my way home from work a couple nights a week. Always yank a coupe bass out and only spend about an hour there

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Decided I wanted to go salmon fishing this weekend, stopped at bass pro to pick up a 4 pack of little cleos for $16.99 at bass pro. Walked out with $120 worth of tackle. Whoops.

Chatterbaits
Tubes
Robo worms
Couple of blade baits
New line scissors
Some random terminal tackle
Waterproof Plano container

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Good to see some fish in the boat!

Went out early Saturday morning for a few hours at montrose. Skunk city, 50+ guys out there powerlining. Only saw about 5 fish landed the whole time I was there. Caught a bulkhead on a nightcrawler today down in Morris. Just tossed a line off the dock while we were eating dinner.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
NymCQa6.jpg

The Rodfather has been spotted in the Rockford area.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Really want a pedal powered hobie, so easy to fish off of. Rarely need a paddle, you can just troll the shore with ease. But $$$

Going to make my own anchor out of some scrap around work. Thinking something mushroom-esque. Round bar with a round plate bolted in the bottom and a lifting eye at the top to clip in a small carabiner and anchor rode

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info