🏡 Better Homes OFFICIAL real estate bs discussion

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I could see it all being done by then. Worst case is the landscaping won't be done

Inside should be good to go by then
Thoughts and prayers homie!

Prayer Hands Praying GIF by Amazon Prime Video

• Haha
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Five-0

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
For anyone thinking the market is slowing, I'm having a "Spring 2021" like run right now. I had a listing that had non-stop showings, 11 offers over ask all giving the terms I wanted (which were absurd terms mind you) and agents trying to get in offers after the fact. Sure some agents are still over-pricing hot garbage, and those are the ones you see not selling or price drops.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
For anyone thinking the market is slowing, I'm having a "Spring 2021" like run right now. I had a listing that had non-stop showings, 11 offers over ask all giving the terms I wanted (which were absurd terms mind you) and agents trying to get in offers after the fact. Sure some agents are still over-pricing hot garbage, and those are the ones you see not selling or price drops.
depends on the value. the higher end like 500k+ market is slowing a bit.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Anyone who is still overbidding for houses right now is either stupid or has a horrible real estate agent. Heading into a recession and housing market slowdown, these people cant wait 6 months?
not always. some have new jobs starting at a date and having trouble finding a house in their range in that area.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
My RE agent friends are saying the same thing, people freaked out for a little while this spring (albeit houses still sold for asking or above within a week), but now it's back to crazy. Any offer that's not above asking basically gets rejected immediately.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Some just need a place to live and aren't worried about market fluctuations. The banks aren't giving away money like they were in 2008. I have an excellent credit score and bought a house that was well under my pre-approval amount, but felt like I had to really jump through hoops to prove my credit worthiness.

The people buying houses at prices above appraisal value are having to cover the difference with cash or are buying 100% in cash.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Anyone who is still overbidding for houses right now is either stupid or has a horrible real estate agent. Heading into a recession and housing market slowdown, these people cant wait 6 months?
Unlike you, most people can see that there's a rather obvious overall shortage of houses. That, plus having their rent go up every year or two, probably has them not wanting to wait. Mortgages don't go up.

The most likely outcome from waiting is that you waste tens of thousands on rent just to still spend stupid money on a house when you finally decide to buy. That's been true for 13 years straight and is still true to this day, even with interest rates high and the economy contracting.

You're waiting for something that either won't happen, or will not be anywhere near as significant as you hope.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Unlike you, most people can see that there's a rather obvious overall shortage of houses. That, plus having their rent go up every year or two, probably has them not wanting to wait. Mortgages don't go up.

The most likely outcome from waiting is that you waste tens of thousands on rent just to still spend stupid money on a house when you finally decide to buy. That's been true for 15 years straight and is still true to this day, even with interest rates high and the economy contracting.

You're waiting for something that either won't happen, or will not be anywhere near as significant as you hope.
Perfect example is Cali real estate. People been waiting 20 years for those home prices to come down, and they just keep going up, up and away

Reactions: LikeABauce302

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida

The most likely outcome from waiting is that you waste tens of thousands on rent just to still spend stupid money on a house when you finally decide to buy. That's been true for 13 years straight and is still true to this day, even with interest rates high and the economy contracting.

That's what I'd be saying as well if I just over payed for a house.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
"Move in ready" are the key words. Homes that don't need work and are decorated well are still quick sellers. Location, as always, makes a difference, too. Down here, water frontage is a big selling point. Buyers seem to love the water whether it's salt, fresh or even a small lake.

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Thread Info