🏡 Better Homes OFFICIAL real estate bs discussion

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Still a lack of inventory regardless of interest rates. We’ve been under building for so long. Now, with interest rates up I’m thinking people who don’t *need* to move are more likely staying put. People still moving jobs, going remote and wanting to GTFO from pandemic stuff. Not the same boom we had but I think the motivation still exists.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Still a lack of inventory regardless of interest rates. We’ve been under building for so long. Now, with interest rates up I’m thinking people who don’t *need* to move are more likely staying put. People still moving jobs, going remote and wanting to GTFO from pandemic stuff. Not the same boom we had but I think the motivation still exists.

they're tossing up 350-400k+ townhomes really close to my house currently fast as shit.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
So many damn stairs too.
Garage at ground level.
Up 6 stairs
Front door landing
Up 6 stairs
Main level
Up 15 stairs
Bedrooms
This sounds like a weird layout for a town house...wonder why they would do this. Townhouses are common for retired people and should be more accessible, not less

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
This sounds like a weird layout for a town house...wonder why they would do this. Townhouses are common for retired people and should be more accessible, not less
All of the ones in our area that they're putting up are this same layout. I think they're trying to target fresh out of college, first career types.

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
it's exactly how my buddy's townhome he had about ten years ago was lined up :rofl:
You'd think they would have learned a lesson from the tris and quads that nobody wants anymore: people don't want to have to go up/down stairs every time they need to go to another room. Most (all?) of the townhouses I've seen are pretty straightforward. 1-2 steps from garage to main floor (kitchen/living room), 13-15 steps upstairs to the bedrooms.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
You have nailed the description of the development I'm in.....and they are building and selling quickly.

HOA is only $173 here though.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Townhouses are being built right behind my parents house also. There was a vacant lot owned by the village that was used for kids soccer and tee ball for many years, and also a church across the alley from the vacant lot. The church was bought by the village a couple years ago and it's been vacant. Finally they are selling it all off to a developer. I'm hearing prices are going to be in the $400-$500k range.

Reactions: Huggerorange73

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Development going in by me.

I’m already going nuts in a two story house and running to the basement for tools all the time. Can’t imagine a townhouse that requires that for every day living.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Development going in by me.

I’m already going nuts in a two story house and running to the basement for tools all the time. Can’t imagine a townhouse that requires that for every day living.
It's not as bad as you think.

I actually prefer things split across floors.....in 20 years, I'll probably feel much different.

Putting the laundry room on the same floor with the bedrooms is a game changer.

This is my development:

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

Reactions: BS ISF

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
This price is nuts, and shiplap on basically every wall and ceiling makes me cringe. It sold exactly two years ago for $924k, so basically they're assuming it appreciated 35% in just two years. And they originally listed it at $1.3m....morons

Thread Info