Cary
I was gonna try to get into bed.

69FC06C1-E2AE-4254-A536-13B9D62C7EA4.jpeg

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
We adopted a new dog to join our family from a rescue organization in Charleston, SC back in December. They said he was found with his brother in a ditch along side a road in central SC somewhere…

Meet Hugo. He’s currently ~6 months old and a super friendly and happy dog. A little skiddish around and in cars, but we’re working on that.
DFD7EBD1-4873-4490-BD0D-97533BCE8CC2.jpeg

5E051E4E-0816-4FD2-A63A-77668855C6A2.jpeg

We thought he was some sort of golden retriever, black lab mix due to his wavy long coat, black coloring, and general look.
Took a dna test and found out we were mostly wrong! Knowing now, we definitely see the German shepherd back legs/hips, one of the other breeds brown coloring coming through, and the coat is getting even longer and thicker.

898CA8BE-47DF-47AA-9D0B-7493EF94E7A1.png

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Oh fuck right off posting puppy videos on Snapchat Outlaw Outlaw

:bowrofl:

Been debating getting one for my current dog to have a buddy and youre NOT helping.

I can hook you up with our amazing breeder OR tons of rescues...

Jett (black English lab) is my new puppers. 8 weeks old.

Stumpy is a yellow lab that was born missing a front leg. Two weeks old on Thursday. We’re doctoring/ fostering him until he’s about 4 months.

13F51A1C-35C3-45A2-A960-637F2C742DF8.png

75CCBD7D-6734-4602-9FD1-E5E91838C32B.jpeg

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
I mentioned in the bored thread that our little guy Bear was having trouble, and that we had to let him go the middle of last month.
He was almost 12, had been inches from death about 4 years ago - he went septic post op after he ate a bad dog treat from Petco that made him very sick. But, he came around after 2 weeks at Iowa State and we had 4 more years with him almost to the day from when he came home.
Mid Jan he was having trouble with his front legs and walking so we took him in, this time they found an inoperable tumor wrapped around his spine and putting pressure on his spinal cord in addition to some spots on his lungs so over the span of a month or so he lost motor functions and we had to let him go.
Needless to say, we were completely crushed, we don't have kids so he really kinda was our kid...but it was time.
That little dog went everywhere with us, had been from Niagara Falls to Denver, Fargo to Atlanta and nearly everywhere in between. If we were driving, he went with.
Rest in Peace little buddy, I'll see you again someday.

IMG_1490308235377.jpg

When we got the terminal news I reached out to the breeder we got him from as we decided we wanted another yorkie or maybe 2 and Bear was an awesome dog with a killer personality so it'd be great to get another from his same bloodline. I also remembered that she only had 1-2 litters a year as she is more of a hobby breeder/show-er so I wanted to see where she was at in the process and to get our names on the list.
As luck would have it, she had just had a litter of 2, a boy and a girl and they hadn't been claimed yet.
While it was really too soon in my opinion after losing Bear, we talked and decided we didn't want to wait and be potty training 3-4# dogs in the dead of winter like we did with Bear...it sucked.
So, last Monday we headed up north and picked up Bo and Daisy.

PXL_20220312_213915438.MP.jpg

Bo - 2lb 4oz. He's a great dog, little stubborn but has really bonded with my wife and spends his days at her feet.
PXL_20220308_030158202.jpg

Daisy, she's 1lb12oz and is a little pistol. She spends her days harassing her brother, dragging him around by his leg and barking at the cat trying to get him to come play.
PXL_20220308_030234042.jpg

They're exactly 10 weeks old and being great pups - sleep all night, almost pad trained and started going outside today with the warmer weather today.
I would love for them to get to Bear's size(12#), but I have a feeling they'll land right in the breed standard of 5-7#.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I mentioned in the bored thread that our little guy Bear was having trouble, and that we had to let him go the middle of last month.
He was almost 12, had been inches from death about 4 years ago - he went septic post op after he ate a bad dog treat from Petco that made him very sick. But, he came around after 2 weeks at Iowa State and we had 4 more years with him almost to the day from when he came home.
Mid Jan he was having trouble with his front legs and walking so we took him in, this time they found an inoperable tumor wrapped around his spine and putting pressure on his spinal cord in addition to some spots on his lungs so over the span of a month or so he lost motor functions and we had to let him go.
Needless to say, we were completely crushed, we don't have kids so he really kinda was our kid...but it was time.
That little dog went everywhere with us, had been from Niagara Falls to Denver, Fargo to Atlanta and nearly everywhere in between. If we were driving, he went with.
Rest in Peace little buddy, I'll see you again someday.

View attachment 114387

When we got the terminal news I reached out to the breeder we got him from as we decided we wanted another yorkie or maybe 2 and Bear was an awesome dog with a killer personality so it'd be great to get another from his same bloodline. I also remembered that she only had 1-2 litters a year as she is more of a hobby breeder/show-er so I wanted to see where she was at in the process and to get our names on the list.
As luck would have it, she had just had a litter of 2, a boy and a girl and they hadn't been claimed yet.
While it was really too soon in my opinion after losing Bear, we talked and decided we didn't want to wait and be potty training 3-4# dogs in the dead of winter like we did with Bear...it sucked.
So, last Monday we headed up north and picked up Bo and Daisy.

View attachment 114388

Bo - 2lb 4oz. He's a great dog, little stubborn but has really bonded with my wife and spends his days at her feet.
View attachment 114389

Daisy, she's 1lb12oz and is a little pistol. She spends her days harassing her brother, dragging him around by his leg and barking at the cat trying to get him to come play.
View attachment 114390

They're exactly 10 weeks old and being great pups - sleep all night, almost pad trained and started going outside today with the warmer weather today.
I would love for them to get to Bear's size(12#), but I have a feeling they'll land right in the breed standard of 5-7#.
Damn they are cute.

Reactions: Jon01

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Jon's post reminded me of something I saw at Hobby Lobby the other day:

Basket O' Yorkies!

View attachment 114438

Eleven females and one male (he's buried in there somewhere).

Jesus, that poor person!
I'll never be the kind of guy that grows their hair out or puts it up in bows and shit.
I just don't get the people that carry them around like they are china dolls. They're ratters by nature, let them do their thing and you'll see such a different dog come out.

While we did make sure Bear got the best of care and all the love, he was not a pampered little bag dog. Our new pups are smaller than him but I plan on doing my best to instill them with his punchy attitude, lifestyle and demeanor/antics.
From chasing the neighbors cats out of the yard to slaying chipmunks and eating green beans right off of the vine in the garden. Hell, he'd be all over fish I reeled in out in the boat wanting to eat the small ones.
He was a badass little dog, pretty much fearless and I hope these 2 are the same.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Meet Riley. Just picked her up from the Animal House Shelter in Huntley. Same place we got one of our other dogs from, who was excellent.

She rides in the car like a champ, can sit, and is already doing well with her recall. Once home, she got a bath and did most excellent. She’s going to be a good addition to the family.

3A9DFA90-2C12-41EC-B441-495DF9349AA0.jpeg

4745BB48-B28A-42DA-B37E-A27028F2CA00.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Short version, I set up an ironing board in my dining room so the g/f could iron the curtains over the patio door. Since there is no overhead/ceiling light in that room (which I would love to remedy), I set up a standing floor lamp for her. Maia (our special needs kitty) found it was a great place to sleep under the light and still see out the door to watch the birds/squirrels/chipmunks. But the light was LED so I swapped it back to an old incandescent. Just caught her waking up.

Maia on ironing board.jpeg

Thread Info