📸 Photography Official post your pet thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I have a cheap modular stick vac that I’ll give the head and beater bar a quick wipe with a damp cloth, then vacuum the bed cover and furniture. Beats them roller thingies cause it also picks up all the crumbs the g/f leaves when she thinks she’s sneaking snacks.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
As an Australian Shepherd they're referred to as Aussies or AWESY in this case, in case you didn't know.

271395962_320133473347976_1949885268056303346_n.jpg

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
20210503_145323.jpg

Our little guy Bear has been having some trouble walking the last week or so, at first I thought it was just old dog/hips and lots of hard surface floors around the house but then he started having trouble on the rugs and on walks on concrete, like his knees weren't folding his feet out at the right time.
My wife took him to the vet yesterday and they took some blood and urine samples so we'll see.
Vet is afraid that what we thought may have been bladder cancer a few years ago(never took samples just treated and symptoms went away, we continued to treat to keep in remission) may have spread to his nervous system.
Normally cold weather really saps him, he's only 12# so not a lot of mass...this morning wife took him out to for a quick potty and the little fucker decided to go on their 4 block long warm weather morning walk, no leash, no coat(4*) nothing, just we're goin on a walk mom so follow me. She said he only got tipsy once when she had to stop him and turn him around or he would have kept going. Goofball dog.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Forgot about this thread lol.
Our dog is starting to have some health issues. About 2 weeks ago she started getting puss in her eyes, left one more so than the right. Took her in last Friday and the left eye has an ulcer, right eye just minor infection. Got her on pain meds, antibiotic and eye drops. Supposed to go back next Friday for a checkup. She barely opens her left eye now and even when she does I think she is blind in that eye.

On top of that she started walking with a slight limp about a month ago. I thought she possibly slipped on ice or did something minor going up/down the stairs. Well it’s getting worse, so I’ll let the vet know next Friday. Really hoping it’s not her hip or acl (whatever they call it for dogs). If it is and pending the outcome of her eyes. We might have a decision to make. She is going on 9 yrs old and I thought she was only 7 lol. Everyone I know that had a pit that had the acl surgery, after rehabilitation they blew out the other one. My Dad actually just had it happen to the tune of about $7k.

If she was 4 or 5, I’d probably put her thru the surgery if needed. But approaching 9, and possibly being blind in 1 eye as well. We might have to put her down. I’ll see what the vet thinks next week.

Thread Info