Official Karen NEXTDOOR/Facebook neighborhood bitchin thread

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
This is why sometimes its just easier to stick your head in the sand or just ignore crap like this.

I honestly had to make a plan and wait just to spray my weed and crabgrass killer more so for my kid's sake rather than someone elses dog. Fun fact, dont want me to spray stuff on MY grass, you can come pick all the weeds and crabgrass. I wont stop you.

Exactly. I usually spray late in the evening so by the time the dog walkers are out it’s been dry for a long time. According to product labels most of those products are safe for kids and pets once dry. I believe ideally you want most of the chemical to be absorbed by the plant and taken down to the roots so it makes sense.

I treat the lawn the same way I do every other neighbor interaction. Any time our neighbors give me a heads up that they’re having people over, or some sort of noisy function I don’t care. In exchange I expect that same level of “do what you want” for any potentially irritating things I choose to do in my own yard.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I remember one thread on ND. A clearly marked bright red Schaumburg fire Marshall truck was going door to door to check and replace fire/CO alarms for free. There was the fire Marshall, and 2 fireman with him carrying a step ladder and shit. Some crazy Karen posted the video on ND that a guy pretending to be a fireman was trying to break in. All they did was knock on the door.

Fast forward to 30 days Later and 2 letters sent to every household. the HOA went door to door with the same fire Marshall to do inspections for fire alarms and issue warnings to anyone that didn’t have alarms. The Same crazy bitch posted on ND outraged because she opened the door and let them in and was issued a warning and claimed she was never offered a new alarm for free… lol.
Don't ever let the man into your life willingly. FUCK AROUND AND FIND OUT

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I downloaded NextDoor to see what happened in my neighborhood as there were a ton of police walking around and squads all over. I spent some time on it and deleted it. Cliffs-The app is ridden with Boomers who have nothing better to do than complain about kids riding through there lawns, social justice warriors complaining about politics, or people that were deftly afraid of COVID. There's a lot of self righteous folks that passively try to shame people as well.

DELETE, DELETE, DELETE!

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Ours, for the WeGo house, isn't that bad actually. No real Karen's. Just a lot of stray animals, is it anyones' here....", people asking for certain maintenance, and occasional crime/theft reporting. Very little drama. Probably the two biggest threads were bitching about the city's water billing (they converted their software, it took them 2 years to get right), they didn't bill anyone shit for that time, and now they're bombarding us with bills. I pay one and the next day another bill shows up. So people aren't happy about that. And then there was one last fall about people burning leaves in unincorporated areas and some neighbors bitching about breathing issues from the smoke. People can't even handle fucking smoke anymore...

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Just installed a ring doorbell and now realize how few people limit the area in which you get notifications. Some dude posted about a couple teenagers coming out of the neighbor across the streets yard in the middle of the night. This dude must get a notification and watch a video every time a car goes by or someone is walking their dog.

How the fuck do you even deal with that many interruptions to your day??

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Our neighborhood Facebook group is either pretty well reserved or pretty well moderated. There’s not any of this. Just lost dogs, found dogs, spotting the neighborhood hawk or fox, and a lot of stuff for sale. My step-mom publicly shamed some teenager on her neighborhood page, got called out, and then quit Facebook altogether saying there’s too much drama :rofl:

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Oh fuck the coyotes! Jesus you’d think WW9 was starting when some of those ladies see a coyote. They demand something be done!

My neighborhood is literally built on annexed land as far away from town as you can get to back up against a giant natural area. I tell those women “the coyotes lived here long before our neighborhood was built, we are living in their home, not the other way around”. To which they get all huffy and puffy about not wanting to have dogs get killed. How about not letting your dogs outside unsupervised? Nope, that’s not a realistic option ?‍♂️

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I trolled some Karen’s reporting coyotes. The way they had worded it was that the coyotes were attacking her dogs from 100 yards away. With what, potent farting? Bitch please, I seriously doubt you saw a coyote in the grass at dusk at 100 yards unless you’re now some LBTQJDHSUS+ superwoman.

I just said that’s why it’s better to befriend them and give them food. They won’t give a shit about your puppy mill bred $5000 pocket poodle.

Besides, they were here first.

That set off a shitstorm and it was so fun to watch them get triggered.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I figured I'd log in to see if anything pressing was afoot... Nope. One person saying that they just moved in, in some of the recent storms, the Comcast line came down, that they don't use Comcast, rather AT&T. So how do they get the lined out of their yard? LOL, seriously...

Call fucking comcast and tell them to get their line out of your yard... OR, if they don't show, cut the fucker down and toss it.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Oh fuck the coyotes! Jesus you’d think WW9 was starting when some of those ladies see a coyote. They demand something be done!

My neighborhood is literally built on annexed land as far away from town as you can get to back up against a giant natural area. I tell those women “the coyotes lived here long before our neighborhood was built, we are living in their home, not the other way around”. To which they get all huffy and puffy about not wanting to have dogs get killed. How about not letting your dogs outside unsupervised? Nope, that’s not a realistic option ?‍♂️
Coyotes? That’s cute.

4EFA6307-B3EB-4224-A174-A0923AD43D23.png

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Someone had a horrible experience at the Applebees in Elgin? TELL THE NEIGHBORHOOD!! :bowrofl:

This will be funny until its not.

Just looked at our Elgin neighboorhood and found my neighbor complaining about the lobster at Red Lobster not being cooked and complaining about it. Why didn't you contact the manager? She later did and got resolution, but jesus, you have to ask how to remedy things?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
For the record, I barely hear the planes while outside and have to physically turn my daughters head to the sky to even see it since she isnt paying attention or loud enough.

When we were at my bro and sis in laws, those assholes came RIGHT the fuck over us to land.

Thread Info