Official Ebola 2014 Thread

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
From above:

The New York Times said that Duncan, in his mid-40s, helped transport a pregnant woman suffering from Ebola to a hospital in Liberia, where she was turned away for lack of space. Duncan helped bring the woman back to her family's home and carried her into the house, where she later died, the newspaper reported.

Four days later Duncan left for the United States, the Times said, citing the woman's parents and neighbors.

Texas health officials said that up to 18 people, including five children, had contact with the Ebola patient since he returned to the United States in late September. The children had gone to school early this week but have since been sent home and are being monitored for symptoms.

For this much disregard he has for this fucking virus, I can't imagine what else he has sneezed/coughed/spit/etc on. Hold on to your butts. It's about to git gud. Not to mention if any animals chowed down on that vomit before it was cleaned up.

Jokerzl

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
May 15, 2012
Ashkum
Um, Africa is a pretty big fucking place! Just because shit is hopping off in one part doesn't mean that the entire continent is affected at all. I will most likely be traveling to the southern part for my yearly visit this December and I am not concerned in the least.

There are more reasons to go to Africa than to see wildlife.

The ignorance between these two posts is quite high.

Tell that to the 5 kids

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
So knowing the risk you're willing to take a chance?
You believe this shit has not spread enough over in Africa to reach wherever it is you're going there?
:picard::picard::picard::pat:

This is the sort of ignorance I am referring to. Africa is an immense place made up of many different countries and cultures, and quite diverse in demographic and geography as well. To put its size into perspective, the US is 3.7 million square miles of landmass, whereas Africa is 11.6 million square miles. Average population density is quite similar between the African continent and the USA as well (95 vs 85 respectively). So, if you're that concerned due to an ebola outbreak happening in the northern part, then you might as well move out of the US too, since you are even closer to the guy in Texas; with zero border control between "it" and you either. The southern part of Africa is 3,000 miles, as the crow flies, from the shit happening in Liberia/Sierra Leone. Guess how far you are from Dallas, TX? Just under 800 miles...

So, to put this all into context, with regards to proximity, you are taking a higher chance staying here than if you were to visit southern Africa.

Like I said, posts such as yours are wrought with complete ignorance and fear-mongering. Writing off an entire continent just because a few of its countries are having an issue is plainly small-minded.

Tell that to the 5 kids

How in the world do those 5 kids have anything to do with your idiotic comment regarding people only going to Africa to see elephants? By the way, your fallacy-ridden appeal to pity for those kids doesn't really help your argument; and only makes your ill-informed opinion falter even more. Nice try though.

ChicagoSRT8

Regular
Apr 11, 2013
Elgin area
Small minded? There have been over 3,000 deaths! In Africa.
0 that I'm aware in the U.S. So far the 2 health care workers that were brought over to the U.S. where cured. Do you wanna compare Africa vs U.S. advanced medicine?

Please. Go to Africa. Just don't bring the shit back to your family friends and community.
If it were up to me I would have put this MF in Texas down a long time ago.

Again 1 person in isolation vs 3,000 dead plus thousands more contaminated.
Have a great trip!!!!!:noes::jg::drums::ugh2:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
10646967_937842679570077_8201324849863297056_n.jpg

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Small minded? There have been over 3,000 deaths! In Africa.
0 that I'm aware in the U.S. So far the 2 health care workers that were brought over to the U.S. where cured. Do you wanna compare Africa vs U.S. advanced medicine?

Please. Go to Africa. Just don't bring the shit back to your family friends and community.

Again 1 person in isolation vs 3,000 dead plus thousands more contaminated.
Have a great trip!!!!!:noes::jg::drums::ugh2:

According to CDC data, there are between 3,000-49,000 people that die each year in the USA due to influenza. The wide spread between those two figures has to do with the fact that flu seasons are shorter some years, which leads to less average deaths. It is spread via direct contact, airborne, and indirect contact. Ebola, on the other hand, is spread via direct contact with bodily secretions. I guess we should evacuate the US now since we clearly have a bigger problem with the flu since it has killed many more people here than ebola has in Africa; and is more contagious too.

My source: Estimates of Deaths Associated with Seasonal Influenza --- United States, 1976--2007

This further illustrates my earlier point referring to your small-minded mentality. Fortunately, there are considerately more intelligent people running things in TX.

Any other stupid shit you want to say?

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Influenza's greatest offense is appearing to be more dangerous than it is allowing the government and big pharma to control us by convincing us to inject our bodies with unidentified substances resulting in an explosion of autism.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info