TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
tumblr_mgoclzRvoF1rr2t6uo1_400.gif

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Put someone who has survived an epidemic on TV. People in America have no idea how bad an outbreak of a major disease can be. You have all these kids getting sick in America and it's barely a story. Ebola is killing thousands in Africa and it's just getting started. This isn't AIDS that requires fluid contact. This is an airborne disease that does horrific things to affected victims. America needs to wake up.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
It is not airborne

You're right. I thought it airborne was because of the fast spread of the disease in Africa. That makes is less likely to get it but...

Ebola is not spread through the air or by water, or in general, food. However, in Africa, Ebola may be spread as a result of handling bushmeat (wild animals hunted for food) and contact with infected bats.

Bats? Mosquitoes? Birds? Food? McDonald's fries? It's scary that this might be a multi-species disease. We don't know enough about the disease to treat it with kid gloves.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
The best way to prevent an epidemic is to keep if from getting a foothold. Over the course of history people have shunned the sick to prevent diseases spreading. They have locked themselves into their homes. They have killed and burned infected victims. Our medical technology is a lot better than in the past but it's no guarantee people won't get sick and die.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
As with any illness, people will get sick and die. People die from the flu, and common bacterial/viral infections all of the time. In all reality, those infections are way more common and easier to spread. It is a shitty reality, but a reality none the less.

The most important thing is the simplest thing...hand hygiene. This should be your primary focus to protect you and your family. Scrub the shit out of your hands with good soap for at least 15 seconds. The most thorough technique is the best technique.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
my neighbor told me his g/f's mom is vacationing in africa.

what in the bloody fuck ?!

Um, Africa is a pretty big fucking place! Just because shit is hopping off in one part doesn't mean that the entire continent is affected at all. I will most likely be traveling to the southern part for my yearly visit this December and I am not concerned in the least.

Tell her to stay there

People need to stop being ignorant and start taking responsibility

I'm sorry in not here In Illinois to get sick cause some jackass had to see a fucken elephant

There are more reasons to go to Africa than to see wildlife.

The ignorance between these two posts is quite high.

ChicagoSRT8

Regular
Apr 11, 2013
Elgin area
Um, Africa is a pretty big fucking place! Just because shit is hopping off in one part doesn't mean that the entire continent is affected at all. I will most likely be traveling to the southern part for my yearly visit this December and I am not concerned in the least.

There are more reasons to go to Africa than to see wildlife.

The ignorance between these two posts is quite high.

So knowing the risk you're willing to take a chance?
You believe this shit has not spread enough over in Africa to reach wherever it is you're going there?
:picard::picard::picard::pat:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info