OFFICIAL Carvana experience thread

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Mine was a 2020 in 2020. No way went to auction. They done marked that up 5-10k and sold it. Haha. But ya im sure those other clunkers they auction. :angrys00ls:

Mine was an 18 and I got rid of it in April. It went to auction and then wound up on Vroom's site. It sold for $2K over what they paid me (minus tires). Did you track your VIN?

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
For my 2017 GTI S with 65k, Carvana offered $16.1k. Carmax was at $14.8k. Dealer that I bought my Stinger from was at $15.7k with the trade in tax savings.

I ended up trading it in to the dealer for the extra convenience. They took it with the OEM rims and snow tires, so I was able to sell my summer wheels/tires for $700 separately. Dealer had my car listed at $19.9 on their website and it's already sold after 2 weeks. I had paid $17.5 for it 3 years ago with 24k miles. Crazy...

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Was anyone offered less after inspection?

I’m debating Carvana because their initial offer is $3-4k more than other online offers right now.

I don’t feel like there’s an accurate category for our 2012 Impreza with 73k miles. Mechanically perfect and up-to-date maintenance, but the body is dinged up like a typical city car, which I was transparent about in their write-in section.

Even in today’s climate, $11.2k seems extraordinary and closer to asking prices for this car.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium

I’m debating Carvana because their initial offer is $3-4k more than other online offers right now.

I don’t feel like there’s an accurate category for our 2012 Impreza with 73k miles. Mechanically perfect and up-to-date maintenance, but the body is dinged up like a typical city car, which I was transparent about in their write-in section.

Even in today’s climate, $11.2k seems extraordinary and closer to asking prices for this car.
Run the car through Vroom and see what they offer.

I sold my Camry with a fully dented fender and some bumper cover damage at the bottom, never disclosed it on the Carvana forms and the inspector who picked up the car didn’t even say anything. Drove it for a a block and then on the truck it went.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois

I have sold a few. And NEVER offered less. Inspection has always been a joke. They have shown up turned car on validated mileage made sure it started. maybe a quick walk around sometimes not. And bam all done.

Reactions: Bru

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Night Trying GIF

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Done and done. Super simple. They did a walk-around, started the car and that was it. Didn’t even drive it. One of their associates came by at noon with the paperwork (an hour late) and a carrier just picked it up at 9 pm. I requested a check, but at 11:30 am (for the 11 am meeting) they said they couldn’t print it, so received payment via direct deposit. Whatever. If they want to pay me double the lowest offer, they can come whenever they want.

EB97370C-DEAC-4045-AD0B-FC74E4A7B809.jpeg

Vroom: $5,639
Carmax: $7,100
Carvana: $11,274

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Done and done. Super simple. They did a walk-around, started the car and that was it. Didn’t even drive it. One of their associates came by at noon with the paperwork (an hour late) and a carrier just picked it up at 9 pm. I requested a check, but at 11:30 am (for the 11 am meeting) they said they couldn’t print it, so received payment via direct deposit. Whatever. If they want to pay me double the lowest offer, they can come whenever they want.

View attachment 109825

Vroom: $5,639
Carmax: $7,100
Carvana: $11,274
Told ya. Easy peasy.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Carvana has our car listed for $16k, which is what it was originally listed for when we bought it in 2015. :eek: There aren’t any pictures, and it says it was already reserved. I wanted to see the car after their reconditioning because there wasn’t a clean fender/panel on the whole thing, which of course I was transparent about.

• YAHOO, MOTHERFUCKER!
Reactions: Chester Copperpot

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Carvana has our car listed for $16k, which is what it was originally listed for when we bought it in 2015. :eek: There aren’t any pictures, and it says it was already reserved. I wanted to see the car after their reconditioning because there wasn’t a clean fender/panel on the whole thing, which of course I was transparent about.

Despicable Me Banana GIF

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info