OFFICIAL Carvana experience thread

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
This is no big deal IMO. Carvana buys and sells a shit ton of cars.
They just cut corners and Skipped all the BS we have to deal with the DMV.

“NCDMV said Carvana failed to deliver titles to the department, sold a motor vehicle without a state inspection, and issued out-of-state temporary tags/plates for a vehicle sold to a person in North Carolina.
Carvana and NCDMV reached an agreement that revokes the Wake County location’s license until Jan. 29, 2022. The suspension began Aug. 2.
The agreement states that Carvana must cease all activities at its Navaho Drive location that require a dealer’s license – which includes the sale or attempted sale of a motor vehicle and delivery of a motor vehicle by Carvana.”

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I just appraised my Camaro on Carmax website and they offered me more than both Carvana and Vroom. Maybe it’s bait, they want me to come in. So I’ll trade it in. Buy another car. Lol. Fuck that. All I want to do is sell.

Did any of you guys sell your cars to Carmax?

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I just appraised my Camaro on Carmax website and they offered me more than both Carvana and Vroom. Maybe it’s bait, they want me to come in. So I’ll trade it in. Buy another car. Lol. Fuck that. All I want to do is sell.

Even before carvana and vroom people sold cars to carmax often, it's totally legit.

Your car is in perfect shape I'm sure so if they don't honor the online quote in person, you know they're just being sketchy. Take a trip out there.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL

I’ve sold several to carmax. One year ago, we tried selling them my son’s 18 jeep. they lowballed us bad. Jeep was in perfect condition. Maybe they are offering more now???

svtcobra725

Regular
Dec 16, 2008
Selling this to carvana for a family member.
Carvana offer: 24,800
Vroom offer: 23,500
Carmax offer: 23,000
Subaru dealership trade in offer: 21,500
So, to carvana it will go! It’s currently a lease anyone have any issues with that in the past?

IMG_7865.jpg

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
So, to carvana it will go! It’s currently a lease anyone have any issues with that in the past?

View attachment 98948
Only with Ford Leases. Ford will NOT allow places like Carvana or Vroom buy there cars. Has to go to Ford dealer. NEVER had an issue with Chrysler or really any other manufacturer.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go

View attachment 98948

If it’s a lease he or she might have too buy it first and pay tax on the vehicle since technically they don’t own it. Or u can get a dealer buy out which will be more than customer buy out.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
For my lease I had to buy it out and then go to dmv and put the vehicle in my name and pay tax and pay extra for a over night title and then sell it to vroom or carvana. It took about 25-30 days for everything to be complete.
Which sucks to pay taxes and take that lose. That was toyota? I have definitely done Chrysler /BMW/KIA and could just sell the car to any dealer without jumping through those hoops and losing that extra money.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Which sucks to pay taxes and take that lose. That was toyota? I have definitely done Chrysler /BMW/KIA and could just sell the car to any dealer without jumping through those hoops and losing that extra money.

I get it but technically I didn’t own it. If u look at a registration card it clearly has the bank first in a lease. It was 2k in tax it did suck paying it but it all worked out at the end

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Those that have sold w/ Carvana or Vroom - do they care about how clean the interior/exterior is? My MIL is asking - even though her car is damn near spotless... She's like "should I wash it? vacuum it?" I said no because they're going to detail it anyway..
I can tell you this. I spent couple hours detailing my RAM truck before I dropped it off at Carvana. I asked at drop off if they cared if people cleaned them up. They laughed and said NOPE. I mean they barely even look the thing over. I have sold two cars and I would not think about cleaning shit ever again. They are just going to hand it off and do a 30 minute detail job on it anyway.

Reactions: wombat

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I can tell you this. I spent couple hours detailing my RAM truck before I dropped it off at Carvana. I asked at drop off if they cared if people cleaned them up. They laughed and said NOPE. I mean they barely even look the thing over. I have sold two cars and I would not think about cleaning shit ever again. They are just going to hand it off and do a 30 minute detail job on it anyway.

I spent about 20 minutes talking to Vroom's pickup driver. They don't care. He said 90+% of the time it goes directly to auction. Sometimes he said they will buy nice cars. My minty MDX went right to the auction house in Schaumburg. Vroom had it right on the bill of lading.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
I spent about 20 minutes talking to Vroom's pickup driver. They don't care. He said 90+% of the time it goes directly to auction. Sometimes he said they will buy nice cars. My minty MDX went right to the auction house in Schaumburg. Vroom had it right on the bill of lading.
Mine was a 2020 in 2020. No way went to auction. They done marked that up 5-10k and sold it. Haha. But ya im sure those other clunkers they auction. :angrys00ls:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info