Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling home in Sunny Florida - Sarasota area
Dun dun duuuuun!
america dun GIF

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score

Carvana's dealer license suspended in Illinois; Skokie will no longer review request to build tower​

Wow. they are building one in schaumburg along I-90 right now. Just the steel skeleton is up, will likely rust away now

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Wow. they are building one in schaumburg along I-90 right now. Just the steel skeleton is up, will likely rust away now
I had a feeling thats what that was going up. You can see it off 90, correct?

frank

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think a few more states pulled it or going to pull it.

I foresee… Carvana shutting down, they have already completed the auto auction buy sell and they will run that and walk away from the issues with Carvana .

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Donating Member
Reaction score
their stock skyrocketed 33% just today though, whoa

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Donating Member
Reaction score
$3.9b in revenue in q2 (up 16% YOY) and they only have $2.8b in vehicle inventory to end the quarter, seems like they've been working that down. Not sure who's buying these cars that they have advertised for redic prices, but they're moving nonetheless

they may be saved by the market here. They dumped way too much money in to cars throughout 2021 and botched their execution all over the place, but thanks to the continuing tight market, maybe they make it through this without going bankrupt

frank

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
$3.9b in revenue in q2 (up 16% YOY) and they only have $2.8b in vehicle inventory to end the quarter, seems like they've been working that down. Not sure who's buying these cars that they have advertised for redic prices, but they're moving nonetheless

they may be saved by the market here. They dumped way too much money in to cars throughout 2021 and botched their execution all over the place, but thanks to the continuing tight market, maybe they make it through this without going bankrupt
I’m sure they have been running cars through the Odessa auto auction that they own lol. Shell game of moving money around.

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I’m sure they have been running cars through the Odessa auto auction that they own lol. Shell game of moving money around.
Exactly... There's a Manheim by my office and I see dozens of Carvana trucks coming and going all day, every day.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score

My old boss bought a van for way too much money because it was convenient. Dude didn’t even drive it, just looked inside and wrote them a check and signed paperwork. I bet there’s plenty of morons out there that are treating this like an Amazon purchase :rofl:

Top Bottom