Android Official Android Thread

Hubbard 0

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
My phone came with a wireless modem app pre-loaded :dunno:

what widgets is everyone usin? anything good? I've got the ESPN sportscenter , google voice, weather channel, google search bar and youtube. Anything cool or useful anyone recommends?

I have a couple. I know I posted this a page ago, but my homescreen did change a bit. Only use 3 screens. It goes left, center, right. Tried to get them all side by side.

snap20110302_165520.jpg
snap20110302_165358.jpg
snap20110302_165523.jpg

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
Is it really a app? Or is it to make your phone a hot spot? Because the pre installed version is usually for the carriers set up where you pay extra. I think Sprint is like an extra $35 a month. Might want to make sure before you use it. haha

LMAO!!!! EVO FTW!
its the hot spot thing as far as I know, I've only used it a couple of times. My understanding is there is not another charge for it :dunno: haven't had to us it for anything really.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Question for those with 2.2, but at my lock screen, it reads out a display as such:
Swipe finger sensor
belongs to:
---
protected by antivirus

How do I change it so that it says my name below the "belongs to"? I've looked in the settings and can't find shit.

its an app thats doing it. uninstall your app called antivirus... its useless anyways

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Fucking epic 2.2 is full of fail. Hard reset didn't fix it... Back to sprint it goes!

dont use the stock rom.... theres tons of aftermarket roms on sdxforums that will solve any of your problems and be 10000000x better then anything sprint gives you...

my moment is now a 2.2 phone when it wasnt suppose to ever go past 2.1. but since android is open source the aftermarket programmers are loving it haha

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
niiice

google-nav-traffic.jpg

Google Maps Navigation becomes more of a threat to the traditional in-car GPS business seemingly on a daily basis, and they're taking another stab at it today with the addition of traffic re-routing capability in the Android app (which, while technically still in beta, is pretty darn solid) in both North America and Europe. Of course, Maps has had access to traffic information for a long time, so this is a natural progression -- and just as Google uses an interesting combination of sources (including phones) to cull that data, it's employing some smart schemes for re-routing that take into account both current and historical information about your route. The update's available today.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
dont use the stock rom.... theres tons of aftermarket roms on sdxforums that will solve any of your problems and be 10000000x better then anything sprint gives you...

my moment is now a 2.2 phone when it wasnt suppose to ever go past 2.1. but since android is open source the aftermarket programmers are loving it haha

Might have to go that route because Sprint doesn't have a fix. I will check out that forum.

Thanks for the tip.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
indeed. i finally got around to rooting my phone this weekend (1-click ftw) and i'm liking froyo (2.2) but i think im gonna back up and try to go gingerbread 2.3 stupid hero is too old to install flash on though.. bummer.

What phone do you have? Ive got the fascinate (galaxy s) so the only way im ever gonna get 2.2 on this thing is if i root. I just need to educate myself... whenever I try to read about it, i see just as many "i bricked my phone" threads as i do for "how to root" threads. haha. its a little off-putting.

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
What phone do you have? Ive got the fascinate (galaxy s) so the only way im ever gonna get 2.2 on this thing is if i root. I just need to educate myself... whenever I try to read about it, i see just as many "i bricked my phone" threads as i do for "how to root" threads. haha. its a little off-putting.

register. download. win.

heres the one i used which was suuuuper easy
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833953

Thread Info